We are delighted to announce a new partnership with Centrepoint, as our official Charity Partner. Centrepoint is the country’s leading youth homelessness charity. Even before the pandemic youth homelessness had reached crisis point: over 120,000 young people were homeless or at risk of homelessness in the twelve months leading up to March 2020. Since the first lockdown, calls to Centrepoint’s Helpline increased by a third, and growing numbers of young people have been unable to work and face eviction.
Our Partnership Manager, Yvonne Turner commented: “We have joined forces with Centrepoint to help mobilise fundraising through our amazing community of athletes. Swimmers, triathletes, and runners can all sign up for a FREE charity place and pledge to help with the charity’s incredible work. Everyone will receive a fundraising pack, dedicated support from the team and a Centrepoint t-shirt. We are humbled to be able to play a role in helping end youth homelessness.”
Reiko Murray, Mass Participation Manager for Centrepoint explains: “We know thousands of young people are sleeping rough on the streets every night, this dreadful reality has been magnified with the pandemic. The good news is we know with Centrepoint’s support and your help they can turn their lives around -. We are super excited to welcome Active Training World athletes to have a free place in return from fundraising from £150, with this support we could make an amazing difference to the lives of many young people.”
What athletes can do:
Swimmers, triathletes, and runners can all sign up for a FREE charity place (for all events from 1 August) and pledge to help with the charity’s incredible work. Everyone will receive a fundraising pack, dedicated support from the team and a Centrepoint t-shirt. The pledge amounts are set out below:
10K – £150 pledge
Swim – £150 pledge
Half marathon – £200 pledge
Marathon or Triathlon – £350 pledge
Sign up for your event place and request a fundraising tech-t-shirt and pack on registering.
Or simply donate to support this amazing cause.
– Ends –
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (Active Training World) email@example.com for fundraising enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org for media enquiries
· Centrepoint is the leading charity for homeless young people aged 16-25.
· Centrepoint operates nationally, with bases in London, Manchester, the North East and Yorkshire.
· Centrepoint supports 15,000 vulnerable young people a year by providing accommodation, teaching valuable life skills, tackling their physical and mental health issues and working with them to get them into education or employment.
· The Freephone Centrepoint Helpline is available for any young person aged 16-25 worried about homelessness. It is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. The Centrepoint Helpline number is: 0808 800 0661.
· HRH The Duke of Cambridge became Centrepoint’s Patron in 2005.
· For more information, please visit centrepoint.org.uk
About Active Training World
Active Training World is one of the largest endurance events companies in the UK, offering events most weekends of the year, ranging from running to duathlons, swimming, cycling, sportive and triathlons. Known for its friendly and community driven approach at events, the event organiser anticipates an exciting opportunity to create a movement with the athletes to not only embrace getting fit but help much needed young people be rehoused.