Ashridge Sprint Duathlon
Sprint Duathlon World Championship 2022 Qualifier
JOIN US FOR THE ASHRIDGE SPRINT DUATHLON ON SUNDAY 21ST MARCH 2021.
Join us for this prestigious event and have the opportunity to qualify for the Sprint Duathlon World Championships in 2022. This event is open to everyone, regardless of ability, including people who want to compete in the event and are not attempting to qualify for the World Championships.
This is a non-draft legal race. To be eligible for qualification, entrants must be a member of their home nation association and a British citizen.
To be eligible for qualification you must conform to the criteria in Section 24 (particularly, Section 24.4) of the British Triathlon Competition Rules including being licensed to race. You must hold a valid Triathlon England Race Licence, this Race Licence must be validated no later than 5pm, 3 working days before the Championship (5pm, Tuesday 16 March). To validate your race licence please access Your Profile on the BTF website. You must also present your valid Triathlon England Race Licence at the event registration, failure to do so may result in you not being eligible for qualification.
If you are not a BTF member already, why not take this opportunity to join. For more information on joining see here.
The event is set in the beautiful grounds of the Ashridge Estate. Take on the Standard distance and race around this picturesque venue.
The Standard duathlon will begin at 08:30am. There will be either a mass start or a time trial format (depending on covid restrictions) with the athletes with the fastest predicted times going off first. The start line will be similar to a Formula 1 starting grid with athletes being kept socially distanced on the start line and starting in small waves.
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events
We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Location: Ashridge House, Ashridge, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
- Start times: 8:30am. Wave times will be published closer to the event.
Distances: Sprint = 5k run, 22k bike, 2.5k run
- Minimum Age: Sprint Duathlon: 15yrs (on 21/03/2021) Parental Consent required
Activity: Running & Cycling
Open to: Solo participants and relay teams (Relays are not eligible for qualification)
Entry Fee: 3 options from just £45 per person (Details below)
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website: Click here to visit
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are currently not allowed. If this situation should change we will update this page.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
There will be no prizegiving on the day and Trophies will be sent by post after the event.
Trophies for overall Male 1st, 2nd & 3rd place.
Trophies for overall Female 1st, 2nd & 3rd place.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category (5yr Age Groups).
Need help with your training? Whether this is your first duathlon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised run training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event. A BTF Pre-Event Health questionnaire will need to be completed no more than 14 days before the event.
We will provide you with two race numbers. A number must be visible on your front for the run, and on your back for the bike. A race belt can be used instead and rotated between the bike and run.
Free parking available.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be toilets available.
There will be no water stations on the route (you will need to carry any liquids you need). There will be water available, self-service style, at the finish.
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 15yrs as at 21/03/2021 (Parental Consent required).
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, I accept BTF rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- The BTF Day License for the event is included in the price of a Non BTF Entry
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.
ENTRIES ARE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED FOLLOWING THE LATEST GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCEMENT (22 FEB 2021). IF WE ARE ABLE TO RESCHEDULE IT TO A DATE POST 29 MARCH WE WILL REOPEN ENTRIES.