ATW Cross Country Series
Round 3 (Juniors) & Round 2 (Seniors & U20)
JOIN US FOR THE ATW CROSS COUNTRY SERIES ON SATURDAY 27th MARCH 2021. (PROVISIONAL DATE)
Introducing Round 3 (Juniors Only). All Junior entrants (Series & 21 Feb entries) have been transferred to this event
For those Junior entrants who have competed in all stages of the competition so far, this is the round where the prize winners will be decided. It is also the opportunity for other Junior cross country runners to tackle an amazing cross-country series set in the private grounds of the beautiful Merchant Taylors School, near Watford. The course boasts stunning views, challenging hills and a mixture of fast running and muddy tough going.
This round, like the others, will be chip-timed formats using our proven method of starting in small waves to be Covid-secure. During the registration process, you will be asked to complete your PB/estimated time over 5K and 1.5K. This information will help us to place similarly paced runners in each wave. All series entrants from Round 2 will have their place automatically transferred to this round with their finishing time in Round 2 being used to seed the waves.
Wear your club colours with pride! We look forward to seeing clubs taking part and competing for the series team prize.
Series entries are no longer available. All series entrants have been automatically transferred to this round.
Round 2 (Seniors & U20)
ALL Senior (Over 20) and U20 entrants have been transferred from 19 December to this date where they will compete in Round 2. Round 3 for these groups will be held in March (TBC).
Due to the number of existing entries in these two age groups, we are not taking any further entries for this round.
Final details, confirmation of start times, formats and course distances for this round will be circulated in the week prior to the event.
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events
- Location: Merchant Taylors’ School, Sandy Lodge, Northwood, HA6 2HT
- Start times: 2K Under 11 start – 12:00 pm
3K Under 13 start – 12:30 pm
4K Under 15 start – 1:10 pm
5K Under 17 start – 1:50 pm
8K Senior/U20 start – 3:00 pm
Distances: 8K, 5K,4K, 3K & 2K
- Minimum Age: 8K Senior: over 20yrs | 8K U20: 17, 18 & 19yrs | 5K U17: 15 & 16yrs | 4K U15: 13 & 14yrs | 3K U14: 12 & 13yrs | 2K U11: 10yrs and under. (All Ages as at 31/08/2020)
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: £12
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Due to current restrictions all event staff and volunteers will need to confirm that they have not been unwell in the 14 days leading up to the event. This also applies to competitors.
We do not advise spectators to attend. Parents of the younger age groups will receive further details about arrangements in the race information.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Series prizes as follows
- Individual prizes for the first three male and female in each age category.
- Team prize for the winning club, male and female, and a mob score across all categories.
- Teams to consist of first three in U11, U13, U15, U17 & U20 Age groups, male and female.
- Teams to consist of first five in Senior Age group Individuals can still count for the overall series if they only complete one or two races, but will receive a default score equal to last place in the race they do not complete.
There are no finishers medals.
There are no individual prizes for each round.
All prizes will be distributed after the final event, there will be no prize-givings at any of the events.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Need help with your running? Whether this is your first cross country season and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals (aimed at over 18s).
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised run training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest. A new race number will be issued for each round of the series.
Parking is available at Merchant Taylors’ School. There will be marshals and signage to guide you to the correct place.
Changing & Baggage Facilities
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. A baggage drop-off area will be provided, but no responsibility is held for personal belongings. Please do not leave valuables.
Toilets will be provided for the event.
Wheelchairs & Prams & Dogs
The course is unsuitable for wheelchairs and prams. Dogs are not allowed.
ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If this event can no longer go ahead, you will be offered a rescheduled date, or a refund of your entry fee (Booking fees are non-refundable).
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be passed onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am the required age for my chosen distance as at 31/08/2020.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- Ages are as at 31/08/2020
- Your wave will be determined by entering your predicted time over 5K or 1.5K. You will be asked for this during the registration process.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.