Join us at the beautiful and iconic Grafham Water to experience one of the country’s most popular middle distance swim-bike-run events, delivered by triathletes for triathletes.
ATW Grafman was voted National Event of The year 2014 and was selected for the Triathlon England Middle Distance Championships 2015 and British Championships 2016.
This event is open to everyone, regardless of ability and there are plenty of activities at the venue to keep the whole family entertained while you race. There is an overall cut off time for the event of 8 hrs 30 mins.
This race has a draft illegal bike leg.
- Location: Grafham Water Visitor Centre, Marlow Park, Grafham, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE28 0BH
- Start times: From 7:00am
- Distances: Middle Distance Triathlon = 1900m, Swim, 91Km Bike, 21Km Run | Aquabike = 1900m Swim, 91Km Bike
- Minimum Age: Middle Distance – 18yrs (On/Before 31 Dec 2023)
- Activity: Swimming, Cycling & Running
- Open to: Solo participants and relay teams
- Entry Fee: From just £100 per person (Details below)
- Refunds: ATW does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation: If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: www.grafman.co.uk
Follow GRAFMAN TRIATHLON on Facebook to keep up to date with the latest event updates & coverage!
The event kicks-off with a beach start and 2 x 950m triangular laps in the stunning Grafham Water. After the first lap you’ll exit the water and run along the beach in an Australian-style swim exit, before diving back in to complete a second lap.
After exiting the water, there is a short run to the grass transition area. Leaving Grafham Water behind you’ll head out on to a fast, rolling bike course. The 2023 bike leg will be a 90km course through the local countryside.
After racking your bike, you’ll head out across the dam wall and past the iconic Valve Tower for 2 laps of an out-and-back run course that sees you pass transition multiple times, making this possibly one of the best courses for spectator support in the country.
Run Course 2 x 10.5km laps
The 16 week training plan includes running, cycling, swimming, strength training and more! It’s tailor made by Karen Parnell a level 3 BTF coach.
It syncs with your calendar & fitness device and you’ll get daily e-mail workout reminders.
Find out more HERE
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top male and female finisher in each race on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front and back of your vest or alternatively, using a race belt, rotate the race number to the back for the bike leg and the front for the run leg.
Parking is available at Grafham Water.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be toilets available.
Water will be provided on a Covid-safe way on the route and at the finish. Full info will be provided in the final details.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth, gender and email details will be onto Event Chip Timing.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of BTF rules
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- BTF Insurance
The day licence for Non-BTF members is included in the entry price. If you are a BTF Member, please ensure that you complete your licence number accurately during the registration process. All licence numbers will be validated by BTF before the event and any entrants with an invalid BTF licence number will be asked to show an online copy at registration or, if this is not possible, invoiced £6 for a day license after the event.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.