St Albans Half Marathon
JOIN US FOR THE ANNUAL ATW ST ALBANS HALF MARATHON, 5k & FAMILY FUN RUN ON SUNDAY 11TH JUNE 2023
A community focused event, ATW St Albans Half Marathon aims to raise money for local charities and organisations as well as put on a great day out for all the family, delivered by runners for runners.
Those looking for a challenge can take on the scenic Half Marathon or Walking Half, which takes you on a challenging but rewarding closed-road route through the country lanes of St Albans.
Our 5K is open to everyone over 11 and takes you on a route around Verulamium Park. You’ll still experience the great atmosphere we are famous for, and help to support local charities and organisations!
The Family Fun Run is open to all ages however children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult with their own ticket. Please note the Family Fun Run is not chip-timed.
The race will be held under a full UK Athletics race licence.
Follow the St Albans Half Marathon Facebook page for updates, announcements & coverage.
This event has a silver award on RACECHECK.COM
- Location: Verulamium Park, St Michael’s Street, St Albans AL1 3JE
- Start times: Walking Half Marathon: 08:30 | 5K: 08:50 | Wheelchair Half Marathon: 09:50 | Running Half Marathon: 10:00 | Family Fun Run: 10:20am
ALL START TIMES WILL BE CONFIRMED IN FINAL RACE DAY INFO.
- Distances: Half Marathon 13.1 miles/21K (1 lap) | 5K | 1 Mile
- Minimum Age: Half Marathon – 17yrs | 5K – 11yrs – ages as at 11/06/2023 | Fun Run – No minimum age (under 8’s must be accompanied by an adult)
- Activity: Running
- Open to: Solo participants
- Entry Fee: From just £10 per person (Details below)
For SA LAW corporate challenge entries see here
- UKA License No: Applied for
- Refunds ATW does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: ATW
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event website: www.stalbanshalfmarathon.com
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Supporters are welcome and encouraged to attend our races, we want to create a friendly and safe atmosphere for all our participants.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
All finisher’s receive a themed medal.
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time (EXCLUDING FUN RUN) whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.00
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top male and female finisher in each race on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
In an effort to make the event more sustainable we will not be offering t shirts this year, instead we will be paying to plant one tree for every £100 we take in entry fees.
Prize money for 1st, 2nd & 3rd male and female half marathon finishers.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Available in St Albans City Centre.
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be a baggage area at this event.
Toilets will be provided for the event.
Water will be provided on both half marathon routes and the 5k, however in an effort to make the event more sustainable we would love it if you could bring your own reusable bottle.
T-shirts will need to be collected on the day from the t-shirt collection point. They will not be posted out with your race number in advance.
Your name, date of birth, gender and email details will be passed onto Event Chip Timing.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.The Family Fun Run is open to all ages however children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult with their own ticket. (Please note the Family Fun Run is not chip-timed)