THE WATERSIDE 10 – THE MOST SCENIC RUNNING EVENT IN CAMBRIDGESHIRE
You are invited to the beautiful Grafham Water to tackle the 10 mile distance on Sunday, November 27th. The route starts on the iconic dam, ensuring a rapid start. It takes you around the fast running, scenic trails surrounding Grafham Water, through the Woodland Nature Reserve, past Dragonfly Pond and circumnavigates Sanctuary Bay before finishing back on the dam wall.
CANICROSS – This year we are inviting our furry friends to join in! You can take part with your dog as long as you follow these Canicross guidelines using a recognised dog harness, and please keep dogs on their leads at all times. The Canicross will be started in a separate wave before the runners for safety reasons and to avoid any trip hazards. There will be dog bowls at the water stations and dog treats at the finish line.
- Location: Grafham Water Visitor Centre, PE28 0BH
- Start times: 9:30
- Distances: 10 mile
- Minimum Age: 17yrs (age at 27/11/22)
- Activity: Running and Canicross
- Open to: Solo participants (and their furry friends)
- Entry Fee: from £25 per person (Details below)
- Refunds Active Training World does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
A mixture of flat and small undulations around the lake on fast-running trails
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top male and female finishers on the day.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
There is parking available at the Visitor centre – car park charges apply – payable at the machine.
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be a baggage area at this event.
Toilets will be provided for the event.
There will be a water station at around 3 miles and 7 miles. It is very important that all bottles are disposed of in the bins provided or are carried to the finish line – you must NOT drop litter. Dog bowls will be provided for our four-legged friends.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth, gender and email details will be onto Event Chip Timing.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 17 as at 27/11/2022.
2) I declare I am (and my dog is) medically fit to compete & understand that I (we) do so entirely at my (our) own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at our own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to ourselves, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, the athletes understands their relevant information will be shared with the medical provider, governing sports body and any other 3rd party deemed necessary by ATW for the safe running of the event.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.