Bedford Autodrome Duathlon
JOIN US FOR THE BEDFORD AUTODROME DUATHLON ON SUNDAY 11TH APRIL 2021.
Join us for the Bedford Autodrome Duathlon this April. Based around the historic Thurleigh Airfield this non-drafting duathlon is traffic-free, fast and very flat. Designed from scratch by former F1 driver Jonathan Palmer, there is nowhere else in the world like Bedford Autodrome. You will be treated to a run around the smooth, pan-flat race circuit, then back into the ‘pit lane’ for transition to your bike, followed by a pan-flat but technical bike course finishing with a lap of the race track to finish. You will love it, it’s one of only a few totally traffic free courses in the country, enabling you to focus on your performance rather than worry about other road users!
This event is open to everyone, regardless of ability.
This is a non-draft legal race.
The races will begin from 09:00am. There will be a time trial format start, depending on covid restrictions. Runners will start one at a time, in a rolling start format, with the fastest predicted run times being set off first. The results will be based entirely on chip-timing, not gun time.
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events.
We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
As well as the adult races, a junior race will also be held for the Under15s (minimum age 11), giving them a rare chance to race on a safe, traffic-free, tarmac surface. Youths (Under17) can race in the Sprint-distance race.
A relay option is also available for the Standard distance race.
- Location: Bedford Autodrome, Thurleigh Airfield Business Park, Bedford MK44 2YP
- Start times: 9:00am – Standard Duathlon run, 9:30am – Sprint Duathlon (incl. Youth), 1:00pm – Junior Duathlon (Under 15s)
Distances: Standard = 11km run – 41km bike – 5.4km, Sprint = 5.4km run – 23km bike – 2.6km run, Junior Duathlon (Under 15s) = 1.6km run – 6.9km bike – 900m run
- Minimum Age: Standard Distance – min 18yrs (as at 31-12-2021) | Sprint Distance – min 15yrs (as at 11-04-2021) | Junior U15’s – min age 11yrs (as at 31-12-2021)
Activity: Running & Cycling
Open to: Solo participants and relay teams
Entry Fee: 4 options from just £20 per person (Details below)
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of your entry fee (less the booking fee)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website: None
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Due to current restrictions all event staff and volunteers will need to complete a BTF Pre-Health Questionnaire. This also applies to Spectators and competitors. For this reason we are discouraging spectators from attending the event. If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category
(5yr Age Groups for adults, 2yr Age Groups for Juniors).
Need help with your running? Whether this is your first triathlon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised run training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event. A BTF Pre-Event Health questionnaire will need to be completed no more than 14 days before the event.
You will be provided with two race numbers in your registration pack. Your race number must be clearly visible on your front for the run and on your back for the bike. If you are not using a race belt, please pin one number on your back and one on your front. If you are using a race belt, only one number is required, provided you adjust the position of your race number during each leg of the race.
Parking is available at Bedford Autodrome.
Changing Facilities and Baggage Drop
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be toilets available.
There will be no water stations on the route (you will need to carry any liquids you need). There will be water available, self-service style, at the finish.
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of BTF rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- The BTF Day License for the event is included in the price of a Non BTF Entry
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.