Bedford Autodrome Duathlon – now incorporating the Sprint Duathlon World Championship 2022 Qualifier
JOIN US FOR THE BEDFORD AUTODROME DUATHLON ON SUNDAY 11TH APRIL 2021.
Join us for the Bedford Autodrome Duathlon this April. Based around the historic Thurleigh Airfield the Autodrome was designed from scratch by former F1 driver Jonathan Palmer. This non-drafting duathlon is traffic-free, fast and very flat. You will be treated to a first run around the pan-flat race circuit, before entering the ‘pit lane’ for transition to your bike for a multi-lap bike course on smooth tarmac. Your second run will be a reverse of the opening circuit around the race track. You will love it, it’s one of only a few totally traffic free courses in the country, enabling you to focus on your performance rather than worry about other road users!
This event is open to everyone, regardless of ability.
This is a non-draft legal race.
Following the rescheduling of the Sprint Distance Qualifying event in Ashridge on 21st March, this event will now host the Sprint Duathlon World Championship 2022 Qualifier. To be eligible for qualification, entrants must be a member of their home nation association and a British citizen and hold a valid British Triathlon License. But, this event is open to everyone, regardless of ability, including people who want to compete in the event and are not attempting to qualify for the World Championships. If you are interested in using this as a qualifying event, please read the section on qualifying criteria below.
The Sprint races will be broken down in to several waves, starting from 08:00am (wave start times will be confirmed in the final details). The Standard race will be held in the afternoon at 2:3opm. There will be a time trial format start, depending on covid restrictions. Runners will start one at a time, in a rolling start format, with the fastest predicted run times being set off first. The results will be based entirely on chip-timing, not gun time.
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events.
We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
Unfortunately, due to the previous Ashridge Sprint Duathlon Qualifying event now being included on this date, the Junior events can not take place due to time restrictions. All entrants will be given a full refund plus a free voucher to another Junior ATW event.
A relay option will also be available for the Standard distance race.
- Location: Bedford Autodrome, Thurleigh Airfield Business Park, Bedford MK44 2YP
- Start times: 8:00am, 10:00am 12:00pm – Sprint Duathlon waves; 2:30pm – Standard Duathlon wave (These times are subject to confirmation depending on numbers)
Distances: Standard = 11km run – 41km bike – 5.4km; Sprint = 5.4km run – 23km bike – 2.6km run
- Minimum Age: Standard Distance – min 18yrs (as at 31-12-2021) | Sprint Distance – min 15yrs (as at 31-12-2021)
Activity: Run – Bike – Run
Open to: Solo participants and relay teams
Entry Fee: four options from just £45 per person (Details below)
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of your entry fee (less the booking fee)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website: None
- BEDFORD AUTODROME DUATHLON RACE INFORMATION
NEW – LIVE FACEBOOK STREAM OF THE EVENT. EVEN IF YOUR SUPPORTERS CAN’T BE THERE IN PERSON, THEY CAN STILL FOLLOW YOU ON THE DAY
Bedford Autodrome Pre Race Briefing
To be eligible for qualification you must conform to the criteria in Section 24 (particularly, Section 24.4) of the British Triathlon Competition Rules including being licensed to race. You must hold a valid Triathlon England Race Licence, this Race Licence must be validated no later than 5pm, 3 working days before the Championship (5pm, Tuesday 6 April). To validate your race licence please access Your Profile on the BTF website. You must also present your valid Triathlon England Race Licence at the event registration, failure to do so may result in you not being eligible for qualification. Registering your intent to qualify and additional details can be found here: https://www.britishtriathlon.org/age-group
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Due to current restrictions all event staff and volunteers will need to make a “no Covid” Health Declaration at the event. This also applies to competitors. This will be managed by an app which will be available at registration. Spectators will not be allowed (if this should change following updated guidelines, we will let you know). If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
There will be no prizegiving on the day and Trophies will be sent by post after the event.
Trophies for overall Male 1st, 2nd & 3rd place.
Trophies for overall Female 1st, 2nd & 3rd place.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category (5yr Age Groups).
Need help with your running? Whether this is your first triathlon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised run training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event. If in doubt you should not attend. A BTF Pre-Event Health questionnaire will need to be completed by all attendees prior to accessing the race venue, using an online phone app and QR code.
You will be provided with two race numbers in your registration pack. Your race number must be clearly visible on your front for the run and on your back for the bike. If you are not using a race belt, please pin one number on your back and one on your front. If you are using a race belt, only one number is required, provided you adjust the position of your race number during each leg of the race.
Parking is available at Bedford Autodrome. Details will be provided in the final details.
Changing Facilities and Baggage Drop
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be plenty of toilets available.
There will be no water stations on the route (you will need to carry any liquids you need). There will be water available, self-service style, at the finish.
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of BTF rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- The BTF Day License for the event is included in the price of a Non BTF Entry
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.