Bicester Sprint Triathlon
JOIN US FOR THE BICESTER SPRINT TRIATHLON ON SUNDAY 9TH MAY 2021.
The Bicester Triathlon is a fun but challenging event based at Bicester Leisure Centre. Take on the challenge of swim, bike and run with a fun & friendly atmosphere. The event is aimed at all abilities, and all levels of fitness, from complete novice to club and pro triathlete.
Bicester is one of the fastest growing towns in Oxfordshire, in close proximity to junction 9 of the M40 motorway linking it to London, Birmingham and Banbury. With easy access from Oxford, Kidlington, Brackley, Buckingham, Aylesbury and Witney.
This is a non-draft legal race.
The triathlon will begin at 09:00am. Fastest swimmer sets off first. Swimmers are set off one by one, in short intervals. (Format confirmation closer to the race date).
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events.
- Location: Bicester Leisure Centre, Queens Avenue, Bicester OX26 2NR
- Start times: 09:00pm
Distances: Sprint Triathlon = 300m indoor swim, 20k bike ride, 5k run | Super Sprint Triathlon = 200m indoor swim, 11.5k bike ride, 3k run | Sprint Aquabike = 300m indoor swim, 20k bike ride | Super Sprint Aquabike = 200m indoor swim, 11.5k bike ride
- Minimum Age: 15yrs (on 09/05/2021)
Activity: Swimming, Cycling &Running
Open to: Solo participants and relay teams
Entry Fee: 6 options from just £25 per person (Details below)
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website: None
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are currently not allowed. If this situation should change we will update this page.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
There will be no prizegiving on the day but your well-earned medals will be issued at the finish.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Need help with your running? Whether this is your first triathlon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised run training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest for the run. On your back for the bike. A race belt can be used instead.
A large grass parking area will be available next to the Leisure Centre.
Changing Facilities & Baggage Drop
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There are lockers for bags and belongings within the Leisure Centre but be aware that ATW will not be held responsible for any missing belongings, so we advise you keep valuables at home or with somebody you trust to look after them at the race.
There will be toilets available.
There will be no water stations on the route (you will need to carry any liquids you need). There will be water available, self-service style, at the finish.
Dogs & Buggies
No dogs and buggies allowed.
There is a 3 hour time limit for this event.
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee (booking fee will not be refunded).
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over 15 as at 09/05/2021.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, I accept BTF rules.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- The BTF Day License for the event is included in the price of a Non BTF Entry.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.