The Blenheim Palace Kids Duathlon Challenge
JOIN US FOR THE BLENHEIM PALACE KIDS DUATHLON CHALLENGE ON SATURDAY 11TH & SUNDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER 2021
Don’t let the adults have all the fun at the Blenheim Tri!
Active Training World are hosting a Kids Duathlon Challenge for children of all standards,
aged 4 to 14.
Take on our 400m run, 800m bike laps to post the fastest time on our leader boards.
Every child will be individually timed whilst tackling the following distances:
Under 9: 1 lap run – 1 lap bike – 1 lap run (max age 8 on the day)
Under 11: 2 lap run – 2 lap bike – 1 lap run (max age 10 on the day)
Under 13: 3 lap run – 3 lap bike – 1 lap run (max age 12 on the day)
Under 15: 4 lap run – 4 lap bike – 1 lap run (max age 14 on the day)
The course is on grass and is suitable for most bikes. Under 9s can also use ‘offroad’ scooters or balance bikes
All competitors must provide their own helmet and bike/balance bike/scooter and must be able to ride without stabilisers.
Each competitor will be timed individually with the support of one of the excellent delivery team, and receive a certificate with their time on.
Feeling competitive?? There will be a top-3 leaderboard running throughout the weekend, so see if you can get your name in lights!!
The activity will be open throughout the day with a queuing system in place for competitors. There will be entry on the day (card payment only), but those who have pre-entered can skip the queue and go straight to the front.
- Location: Blenheim Palace, Woodstock, Oxfordshire OX20 1UL
- Start times:
There are no allocated start times. Once you have booked your ticket please come along to registration and let the team know your name. You will then be able to cut the queue and start the duathlon when you are ready.
For all those who do not book their ticket in advance, you will have to wait in the queue at registration to sign up.
Under 9: 400m lap run – 800m bike – 400m run (max age 8 on the day)
Under 11: 800m lap run – 1.6km bike – 400m run (max age 10 on the day)
Under 13: 1.2km run – 2.4km bike – 400m run (max age 12 on the day)
Under 15: 1.6km run – 3.2km bike – 400m run (max age 14 on the day)
- Minimum Age: 4 years old
Maximum Age: 14 years old
Activity: Cycling(or scooting) & Running
Entry Fee: £12
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a refund of your entry fee (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Parking is available at the Event.
This is a traffic free event
Dogs are not permitted
Are not suitable
Bags can be left at registration
At the expo
There will be water available, self-service style, at the finish.
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee (less the booking fee).
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.