Box End Swim Event
Join us in the beautiful surroundings of Box End Watersports Centre for an Swim Event.
Active Training World (ATW) will now offer swims at most of their triathlon events as part of the event programme. The new swims will take place in both lakes and sea and will vary in distances from 750m up to 4.5km.
This Swim Event takes place alongside the days triathlon events and provides the opportunity for a chip-timed swim race in the crystal-blue water of Box End Lake, over your choice of distances varying from 750m up to 3km.
As a friendly swim event it is open to everyone, regardless of ability and, as with all our swims, water safety will be on hand to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
We also know that not everyone is a fan of a mass swim start so our starts are flexible. Depending on COVID restrictions starts will be in a time trial format where you will start 1 by 1, in 20 second intervals, with the fastest predicted swim times being set off first. Or in small waves, allowing you to experience the thrill of a smaller mass start, BUT with the option of being started off behind the field, like in our time-trial stats, so you have a clear run and the best chance of your personal best!
After the event, the Box End site includes a restaurant and bar (www.boxendpark.com) and for those wishing to round off great day or weekend away in the local countryside, there is camping available on site (subject to Covid restrictions).
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events.
- Location: Box End Lakes, Box End Rd, Bedford MK43 8RN
- Start times: From 08:45am. Wave times will be published closer to the event
- Distances: 750m, 1500m (2 laps), 3km (4 laps)
- Minimum Age: No minimum age. Parental Consent required for Under 16yrs (on 31/12/2021)
Open to: Solo participants
- Wetsuits: The choice of wearing skins or wetsuits is up to the competitors, subject to compliance with SH2OUT guidance as below.
- Cut-off time: There will be no time limits.
Entry Fee: Options from just £15 per person.
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a refund of your entry fee (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
CHARITY PLACES ARE AVAILABLE FROM OUR 2021 CHARITY PARTNER CENTREPOINT– See below for further information
We’re delighted to partner with Centrepoint as our official Charity Partner. Centrepoint is the UK’s leading charity for homeless young people. In the wake of the pandemic, youth homelessness is on the rise in the UK – 121,000 young people asked for help with homelessness last year.
We have joined forces with them to help and you can play a role by fundraising!
Sign up for a FREE charity place and pledge to help with their incredible work. You’ll receive a fundraising pack, dedicated support from the team and your very own Centrepoint t-shirt to wear with pride during your event. Join us in the race to end youth homelessness today.
The choice of wearing skins or wetsuits is up to the competitors, subject to compliance with SH2OUT guidance:
- Water temp < 11 degrees – no children should swim and wetsuits must be worn by adults.
- Water temp 11-14 degrees – Children must wear wetsuits, recommended (but optional) wetsuits for adults.
- Water temp 15-23 degrees – Wetsuits optional for all.
- Water temp 23+ degrees – wetsuits not recommended for adults (but optional especially for nervous or beginner swimmers)
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are currently not allowed. If this situation should change we will update this page.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Finishers medal for all!
There will be no prizegiving on the day.
There will be full results on the chip timing website
It is important that you are fit to swim and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Event swim caps and timing chips must be worn.
Parking is available at Box End Lakes.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings.
There will be toilets available.
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee (less the booking fee).
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I understand Parental Consent is required for all Big Swim entrants under 16yrs
2) I declare that I am medically fit to take part & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I take part at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- CENTREPOINT CHARITY PLACE Please note there is a minimum fundraising pledge and your place will be cancelled if you do not meet the target;
Half Marathon £200
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.