Box End Swim & Aquathlon
Join us in the beautiful surroundings of Box End Watersports Centre for a summer evening of racing.
The Aquathlon provides the opportunity to test yourself over two of the three triathlon disciplines, with a 500m or 1km swim, followed by a flat 2.5km or undulating 5km off-road trail run.
The Swim Events provide the opportunity for a chip-timed swim race in the crystal-blue water of Box End Lake, over your choice of distances varying from 500m up to 5km.
After the event, the Box End site includes a restaurant and bar (www.boxendpark.com) and for those wishing to kick-off a weekend away to enjoy the local countryside, or maybe undertake some bike training on the course to be used for the National Champs and Euro-qualifiers (Boxendtriathlon.co.uk), there is camping available on site (subject to Covid restrictions).
This event is open to everyone, regardless of ability.
This will be either a mass start or a time trial format start, depending on covid restrictions. In the TT format, swimmers will start 1 by 1, in 20 second intervals, with the fastest predicted swim times being set off first.
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events.
- Location: Box End Lakes,Box End Rd, Bedford MK43 8RN
- Start times: From 6:00pm. Wave times will be published closer to the event
- Distances: Mini-Aquathlon = 500m swim, 2.5km run | Big-Aquathlon = 1km swim, 5km run | Swim Event = 500m or 1.25km or 2.5km (2 laps) or 5km (4 laps)
- Minimum Age: Big Aquathlon: 15yrs (on 31/12/2021) | Mini Aquathlon: 13yrs (on 31/12/2021) | Swim Event No minimum age. Parental Consent required for Under 16yrs (on 31/12/2021)
Activity: Swimming & Running
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: Options from just £15 per person. EARLY BIRD ENTRIES (£5 discount) OPEN UNTIL 1 APRIL (Details below)
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website: TBA
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are currently not allowed. If this situation should change we will update this page.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Finishers medal for all!
There will be no prizegiving on the day.
There will be full results on the chip timing website
Need help with your running? Whether this is your first aquathlon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised run training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Parking is available at Box End Lakes.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be toilets available.
There will be no water stations on the route (you will need to carry any liquids you need). There will be bottled water available, self-service style, at the finish.
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee (less the booking fee).
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 15 (Big Aquathlon) /13 (Mini Aquathlon) as at 31/12/2021. I understand Parental Consent is required for all ActiveSwim entrants under 16yrs
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, I accept BTF rule.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- The BTF Day License for the event is included in the price of a Non BTF Entry. A BTF License is not required for The Big Swim
- EARLY BIRD ENTRIES AVAILABLE TILL 1 APRIL
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.