Box End Middle Distance Duathlon
(Incorporating the 2023 European Middle Distance Duathlon Qualifier)
JOIN US FOR THE BOX END MIDDLE DISTANCE DUATHLON ON SUNDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER 2022
This venue is a regular for hosting Triathlon Championships and Qualifiers, but now Run-Bike-Run athletes get a chance to test themselves out at this superb racing venue.
With a traffic-free, 2-lap 10k run route round the footpaths that surround the scenic Box End Aqua Park, and a 2-lap 60km bike course with less than 0.5% of vertical ascent, this race is set to be a classic that will challenge the all-round duathlete.
Although we anticipate the standard of this race to be of a high quality at the front end, the event is open to everyone, regardless of ability, and there is no cut-off time.
If you are looking to qualify for the GB Age Group Team, Athletes MUST register their intent to qualify before 5pm on the Friday before the qualifying race. No late registrations will count.
For further information, follow this link Age Group Qualifiers Calendar – British Triathlon
The duathlon will begin at 08:00am.
This is a non-draft legal race, and there will be British Triathlon draftbusters out on the course to ensure that it is fair race for everyone.
- Location: Box End Lakes, Box End Rd, Bedford MK43 8RN
- Start times: From 8:00am.
- Distances: 10km Run – 60km Bike – 10km Run
- Minimum Age: 18yrs (on 04/09/22)
Activity: Run – Cycle – Run
Open to: Solo participants and relay teams
Entry Fee: Options from just £55 (Details below)
- Refunds Active Training World does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Supporters are now welcome and encouraged to attend our races, we want to create a friendly and safe atmosphere for all our participants.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top 3 male and female finishers on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front and back of your top or alternatively, using a race belt, rotate the race number to the back for the bike leg and the front for the run leg.
Parking is available at Box End Lakes. Details of any on the day parking charges will be included in the final info.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be toilets available.
There will be two water stations on the run route. There will not be a water station available on the bike leg, so please carry your own nutrition and fluids on the bike.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 18
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, I accept BTF rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- The day licence for Non-BTF members is included in the entry price. If you are a BTF Member, please ensure that you complete your licence number accurately during the registration process. All licence numbers will be validated by BTF before the event and any entrants with an invalid BTF licence number will be asked to show an online copy at registration or, if this is not possible, invoiced £6 for a day license after the event.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.