Box End Sprint Triathlon
National Sprint Distance Triathlon Championships
JOIN US FOR THE BOX END TRIATHLON ON SATURDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER 2021
This event is open to everyone, regardless of ability, including people who want to compete in the event and are not competing for a Championship medal.
This is a non-draft legal race. To be eligible for Triathlon England Major event titles, entrants must be a member of their home nation association and a British citizen.
To be eligible for an English Championship medal you must conform to the criteria in Section 24 (particularly, Section 24.4) of the British Triathlon Competition Rules including being licensed to race. You must hold a valid Triathlon England Race Licence, this Race Licence must be validated no later than 5pm, 3 working days before the Championship (5pm, Tuesday 31 August). To validate your race licence please access Your Profile on the BTF website. You must also present your valid Triathlon England Race Licence at the event registration, failure to do so may result in you not being eligible to be awarded an English Championship medal. You will not be eligible for the Triathlon England Championships with a day license.
If you are not a BTF member already, why not take this opportunity to join and be eligible for an English Championship medal. For more information on joining see here.
This event is not just reserved for the age-group heroes of triathlon, but for those of all abilities.
The triathlon will begin at 08:30am. This will be either a mass start or a time trial format start, depending on covid restrictions. Swimmers will start 1 by 1, in 20 second intervals, with the fastest predicted swim times being set off first.
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events.
- Location: Box End Lakes, Box End Rd, Bedford MK43 8RN
- Start times: From 7:30am. Wave times will be published closer to the event
- Distances: Sprint Triathlon = 750m Swim | 20.1 Km Bike | 5.2Km Run Aquabike = 750m Swim | 20.1Km Bike
- Minimum Age: Sprint Triathlon/Aquabike: 15yrs (on 4/09/2021) Parental Consent required
Activity: Swimming, Cycling & Running
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: 2 options from just £50 per person (Details below)
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website: Click here to visit
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are currently not allowed. If this situation should change we will update this page.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Championship Medals for the first three eligible competitors in each age category
Trophies for overall Male 1st, 2nd & 3rd place.
Trophies for overall Female 1st, 2nd & 3rd place.
There will be no prizegiving on the day and all Championship Medals & Trophies will be sent by post after the event.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category (5yr Age Groups).
Need help with your running? Whether this is your first triathlon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised run training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event. A BTF Pre-Event Health questionnaire will need to be completed no more than 14 days before the event.
You will be provided with two race numbers in your registration pack. Your race number must be clearly visible on your front for the run and on your back for the bike. If you are not using a race belt, please pin one number on your back and one on your front. If you are using a race belt, only one number is required, provided you adjust the position of your race number during each leg of the race.
Parking and Transport
Parking is available at Box End Lakes
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area..
Toilets will be provided for the event.
ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result,Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of your entry fee (less the booking fee).
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 18 (Middle Distance), 17 (Standard Triathlon/Aquabike) /15 (Sprint Triathlon/Aquabike) as at 1/08/2021 – Parental Consent also required.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, I accept BTF rule.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- The BTF Day License for the event is included in the price of a Non BTF Entry.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.