HAVE YOU GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
JOIN US FOR THE CENTURION TRIATHLON ON SUNDAY 27TH JUNE 2021
CAN YOU BE A PORTIA OR A HADRIAN, A CLEOPATRA OR A CAESAR, AN EMPRESS OR EMPEROR? CAN YOU BE A CENTURION AND BE THE FIRST AMONG EQUALS?
YOUR WILL, YOUR GRIT AND YOUR DISCIPLINE WILL DECIDE.
Welcome to the Centurion Triathlon – the Vesuvius of multi-sport racing in south-east England.
You have three races from which to choose: the 100-mile Imperial, the 100-km Metric and, for budding Centurions, the Legionnaire Sprint.
You’ll need all your armour for the Imperial and Metric swims, which are two laps of the Stanborough Park amphitheatre. Our Legionnaires have a more gentle 750m swim.
Helmets in place, Imperial and Metric combatants will follow the same bike course but those tackling the longer distance will complete four rather than two laps. The Legionnaires will undertake a 20.3K Bike course with challenging hilly elements.
Trail footpaths and long, straight footpaths will feature on the run, which is either 2 laps for Metric combatants, 3 laps for Imperials and a 5K course for Legionnaires.
The innovative Centurion Triathlon will help you make the leap from sprint to standard, standard to middle distance or middle to long distance triathlon.
It will be one of the best race-preparation opportunities for longer distance events later in the season.
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events
- Location: Stanborough Lakes, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL8 6DQ
- Start times: From 7:00am. Wave times will be published closer to the event
- Distances: Metric Distance Triathlon = 2Km Swim, 82Km Bike, 16Km Run | Imperial Distance Triathlon = 1.25 miles Swim, 83.75 miles Bike, 15 miles Run | Legionnaire Sprint Distance Triathlon = 750m swim, 20.3Km Bike, 5Km Run
- Minimum Age:Centurion Metric & Imperial – Minimum age 19yrs (on/before 31st Dec 2021) Legionnaire Sprint – Minimum age 15yrs (on 27/06/21)
Activity: Swimming, Cycling & Running
Open to: Solo participants and relay teams
Entry Fee: Options Details below
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website: Click here to visit
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are currently not allowed. If this situation should change we will update this page.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Need help with your running? Whether this is your first triathlon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised run training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front and back of your vest or alternatively, using a race belt, rotate the race number to the back for the bike leg and the front for the run leg.
A pay and display car park is available at Stanborough Lakes. Toilets will be provided at race HQ and out on the course.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be toilets available.
Water will be provided on a Covid-safe way on the run route and at the finish. Full info will be provided in the final details.
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee (less the booking fee).
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 19 (Centurion Metric & Imperial) /15 (Legionnaire Sprint Triathlon) as at 27/06/21 – Parental Consent also required.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, I accept BTF rule.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- The BTF Day License for the event is included in the price of a Non BTF Entry.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.