Centurion Triathlon Essex –
Sunday 21st August 2022
CAN YOU BE A PORTIA OR A HADRIAN, A CLEOPATRA OR A CAESAR, AN EMPRESS OR EMPEROR? CAN YOU BE A CENTURION AND BE THE FIRST AMONG EQUALS?
YOUR WILL, YOUR GRIT AND YOUR DISCIPLINE WILL DECIDE.
Welcome to the Centurion Triathlon – the Vesuvius of multi-sport racing in south-east England!
We have several choices for you, the Centurion, the Legionnaire and the AquaBikus!
The Centurion Distance consists of a 1.9km swim next to Blue House Farm Nature Reserve on the River Crouch, an 87km cycle taking athletes into the peaceful Essex countryside and finishes with an 15km lapped run based around North Fambridge village with huge support from the local community.
The Legionnaire Distance meanwhile, consists of a 950m swim in the same waters, a 40km cycle, finishing with a 7.5km run.
Aquabikers can also take on the AquaBikus challenge of the 1.9km swim, finishing with the 87km bike.
Please note this is a tidal river swim and will be more challenging than a typical open water or pool swim. Wetsuits are likely to be compulsory and the Swim Cut-Off is strictly 1 hour 10 minutes after the start time.
- Location: Fambridge Yacht Station, Ferry Road, North Fambridge, Essex, CM36LR
- Start times: 7am
- Distances: Centurion: 1.9km swim, 87km bike, 15km run
AquaBikus: 1.9km swim, 87km bike
Legionnaires: 950m swim, 40km bike, 7.5km run
- Minimum Age: Minimum age 18yrs (on/before 31st Dec 2022)
Activity: Swimming, Cycling & Running
Open to: Solo participants and relay teams (Centurion only)
Entry Fee: Options Detailed below
Refunds: Active Training World does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. Please let us know if you wish to bring a club flag/gazebo.
If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top male and female finisher in each race on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front and back of your vest or alternatively, using a race belt, rotate the race number to the back for the bike leg and the front for the run leg.
£2 fee for parking payable on the day as a charity donation.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be toilets available.
A feed station will be available on the Centurion bike course and water will be provided on the run route and at the finish. Full info will be provided in the final details.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 18 (Centurion Metric & Imperial) as at 31/12/22
or 15 (Legionnaire Sprint Triathlon) as at 21/08/21 – Parental Consent also required.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, I accept BTF rule.
6) By entering this event, the athlete understands their relevant information will be shared with the medical provider, governing sports body and any other 3rd party deemed necessary by ATW for the safe running of the event.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- The BTF Day License for the event is included in the price of a Non BTF Entry.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.