ATW Centurion Triathlon
25th September 2022
Organised by Triathletes for Triathletes
HAVE YOU GOT WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A CENTURION?
JOIN US ON 25th SEPTEMBER 2022 TO FIND OUT!
Pack up your sword and shield as well as your swim, bike and run gear for the inaugural running of this latest Centurion (100km) distance event that is destined to become one of the most popular triathlons on the East coast of Britain.
The event begins with a beach start and a four-lap sea swim incorporating an Australian-style swim exit, before heading North along the seafront on the bike leg. The cycle route will then head inland to ride round the surrounding countryside before returning to to the seafront for a multi-lap run leg on the promenade, ideal for the support of cheering spectators.
Please note that the swim is in the sea and will be more challenging than a typical open water or pool swim. Wetsuits are not compulsory but are recommended subject to British Triathlon temperature restrictions.
Although we aren’t putting a time limit on the course, this bike course will include a managed junction as the route leaves town. This junction will allow athletes an unobstructed ride through for up to 45 minutes after the leader has passed. Any athletes more than 45 minutes behind the leader at this point will be allowed to continue, but have to obey the traffic lights at this junction. On the way back in to town this junction does not affect the route.
- Location: Great Yarmouth Seafront, Norfolk
- Start times: From 7:00am
Distances: 1km swim, 84km bike, 15km run, Aquabikus option is also available (1km swim, 84km bike)
- Minimum Age: 18yrs (ages on 31/12/2022)
Activity: Sea Swim, Road Cycling & Running
Open to: Solo participants and relay teams
Entry Fee: From just £80 per person (Details below)
- Refunds: ATW does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: ATW
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: None
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top male and female finisher in each race on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
It is important that you are fit to run and are not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front and back of your vest or alternatively, using a race belt, rotate the race number to the back for the bike leg and the front for the run leg.
Parking will be located on the seafront at Great Yarmouth. More detailed information will be provided in the final details.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be toilets available.
Water will be provided on the bike and run route and at the finish. Full info will be provided in the final details.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth, gender and email details will be passed onto Event Chip Timing.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over 18 as at 31/12/2021
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, I accept BTF rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- BTF Insurance
The day licence for Non-BTF members is included in the entry price. If you are a BTF Member, please ensure that you complete your licence number accurately during the registration process. All licence numbers will be validated by BTF before the event and any entrants with an invalid BTF licence number will be asked to show an online copy at registration or, if this is not possible, invoiced £6 for a day license after the event.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.