The Colchester Christmas Fast 1 mile, 5K & 10K
JOIN US FOR THE COLCHESTER CHRISTMAS FAST 1Mile, 5K & 10K ON MONDAY 27TH DECEMBER 2021.
This event will take place on Monday 27th December 2021. This is an ideal venue to chase a fast time as the course is pancake flat and on smooth tarmac. The race will be run under a full UK Athletics License and each course has been officially measured and has a certificate of course accuracy. The race will also be chip timed and results published on Power of 10.
To get into the festive spirit, we want the whole family to join in, so there is also a 1 mile family fun run – festive fancy dress encouraged! This will start 1 minute after the 1 mile race has started and we hope that plenty of young ones will be inspired to take part.
If you’ve already entered another race on the day, you can join in for FREE.
The event takes place at the brand new Northern Gateway Sports Venue in Colchester. With a traffic free, tarmac course around the park we are certain that there will be a whole bunch of proud new festive PB’s!
The closed road circuit is perfect for all standards, no matter whether you are chasing a lightening quick time, a beginner or a junior.
(minimum age requirements detailed below)
- Location: Northern Gateway, Colchester, Essex, CO4 5YX
- Start times: 11am 1 mile (11:01 family fun run), 11:30am 5K and 12:30pm 10K
- Distances: 1mile, 5K & 10K
- Minimum Age: 1 mile no age limit | 5K – 11yrs | 10K – 15yrs (ages on 27/12/21)
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: From just £10 per person
- UKA License applied for
- Refunds ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
We’re delighted to partner with Centrepoint as our official Charity Partner. Centrepoint is the UK’s leading charity for homeless young people. In the wake of the pandemic, youth homelessness is on the rise in the UK – 121,000 young people asked for help with homelessness last year.
We have joined forces with them to help and you can play a role by fundraising!
Sign up for a FREE charity place and pledge to help with their incredible work. You’ll receive a fundraising pack, dedicated support from the team and your very own Centrepoint t-shirt to wear with pride during your event. Join us in the race to end youth homelessness today.
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Supporters are now welcome and encouraged to attend our races, we want to create a friendly and safe atmosphere for all our participants.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Finisher’s medals will be available for collection at the end of the race.
A prizegiving will be made for the top male and female in each race (except the Fun Run)
A special award will be made for the best Festive Fancy Dress in the fun run.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Whether this is your first road race and want to know how to prepare, or are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
On site parking
Changing is available in the sport centre.
An unsecure baggage drop will be available,
Toilets will be provided at the event.
Buggies are welcome.
There will be no water station on the course for the 1 mile and 5k. Water will be made available on the 10k.
There will be bottles of water available, self-service style, at the finish.
Refunds ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.
5) By entering this event, the athlete understands their relevant information will be shared with the medical provider, governing sports body and any other 3rd party deemed necessary by ATW for the safe running of the event.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Please supply your estimated run time in minutes/seconds (e.g. 12.34)
- CENTREPOINT CHARITY PLACE Please note there is a minimum fundraising pledge and your place will be cancelled if you do not meet the target;
Half Marathon £200
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.