Colchester Easter Duathlon – 18th April 2022
What better way to work off those Easter Eggs than a closed-road run-bike-run event??!!
JOIN US FOR THE COLCHESTER EASTER DUATHLON ON MONDAY 18th APRIL 2022
Based at the brand new Northern Gateway bike circuit, this 2 mile run – 10 mile bike – 1 mile run duathlon is perfect for those both new to the sport and those who want a fast race without the worry of being in conflict with other road users. This new circuit is flat, fast and comprises of a 1 mile smooth tarmac loop that is perfect to ride on! Due to the length of the circuit, the field size is limited so enter quick to secure your entry.
The race will be chip-timed and run under a British Triathlon Licence as a non-drafting event.
The closed road circuit is perfect for all standards, no matter whether you are chasing a lightening quick time, a beginner or a junior.
(minimum age 15 as at 18/04/2022)
- Location: Northern Gateway, Colchester, Essex, CO4 5YX
- Start times: 9am
- Distances: Super Sprint = 2 mile run, 10 mile bike, 1 mile run
- Minimum Age: 15 by 18/04/2022
Activity: Running & Cycling
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: From just £35 per person
British Triathlon License applied for
- Refunds Active Training World does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Supporters are now welcome and encouraged to attend our races, we want to create a friendly and safe atmosphere for all our participants.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers! Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top 3 male and female finishers in each race on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
You will receive two numbers, please wear a number on your front for the run section and on your back for the bike. The use of a number belt is allowed.
On site parking – sign in at the centre cafe for free parking (note that this is time limited)
Changing is available in the sport centre.
An unsecure baggage drop will be available,
Toilets will be provided at the event.
There will be no water station on the course.
There will be bottles of water available, self-service style, at the finish.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of British Triathlon rules.
5) By entering this event, the athlete understands their relevant information will be shared with the medical provider, governing sports body and any other 3rd party deemed necessary by ATW for the safe running of the event.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Please supply your estimated run time in minutes/seconds (e.g. 12.34)
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.