ATW Derbyshire Duathlon
Enjoy the stunning Derbyshire countryside at the ATW DERBYSHIRE DUATHLON on SUNDAY 16TH OCTOBER 2022
Delivered by duathletes, for duathletes
Carsington Water plays host to the Derbyshire Duathlon. This beautiful Severn Trent venue situated just south of the Peak District National Park in the Derbyshire Countryside has been home to many sporting events including elite selection races and has even been used as a Powerman venue.
Whether you are new to duathlon or an experienced athlete you will love the scenic runs over the reservoir dam and around Carsington Water along with the challenge of the bike course that winds its way through the Peak District.
With a café and visitors centre there is something to do for the whole family at Carsington Water.
- Location: Carsington Water, Big Lane, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6 1ST
- Start times:
8:30am start – Standard
8:35am start – Sprint
Standard – 12k run – 48k bike – 4k run
Sprint – 4k run – 24k bike – 4k run
Standard Distance min age 17 on 31/12/2022
Sprint Distance min age 15 on 16/10/2022
Activity: Running & Cycling
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: From £45 per person (Details below)
- Refunds: ATW does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation: If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: None
- Event Organiser: ATW
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
Well marked, undulating 12km trail run around the lake.
A hilly 24km bike course on tarmac roads, with a significant climb on each lap.
The 4k run is a flat out and back run across the dam wall with a well-marshalled turnaround point.
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are now allowed, and we encourage them to come along and cheer you on at this beautiful venue.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top male and female finisher in each race on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Whether this is your first event and want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of improving your goals. We’ve teamed up with Chili Tri to offer plans that sync with your device and calendar PLUS you get daily e-mail contact from a qualified coach!
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the days leading up to the event.
Please wear your numbers pinned to the front and back of your top or alternatively, using a race belt, rotate a single race number to the back for the bike leg and the front for the run leg.
Parking available (fees payable to the venue).
Run – Yes / Bike – No
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
Duathlon entrants can leave a bag in the transition area
There will be toilets available.
There will be water available as you enter/leave transition (we suggest that you carry any food or liquid you need).
There will also be water available, self-service style, at the finish.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth, gender and email details will be passed onto Event Chip Timing.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 17 (Standard Duathlon) as at 31/12/2022… or… 15 (Sprint Duathlon) as at 16/10/2022.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, I accept BTF rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Please be sure to select your estimated run time for both distances as close as you can to the given options in hours and minutes (e.g. 26.30 – 26.45)
- BTF Insurance
The day licence for Non-BTF members is included in the entry price. If you are a BTF Member, please ensure that you complete your licence number accurately during the registration process. All licence numbers will be validated by BTF before the event and any entrants with an invalid BTF licence number will be asked to show an online copy at registration or, if this is not possible, invoiced £6 for a day license after the event.