Derbyshire Duathlon &
JOIN US FOR THE DERBYSHIRE DUATHLON & TRAIL RUN ON SUNDAY 17th OCTOBER 2021
Carsington Water plays host to the Derbyshire Duathlon and trail run. This beautiful Severn Trent venue situated just south of the Peak District National Park in the Derbyshire Countryside has been home to many sporting events including elite selection races and has even been used as a Powerman venue.
Whether you are new to duathlon or an experienced athlete you will love the scenic runs over the reservoir dam and around Carsington Water along with the challenge of the rolling bike course.
The 12.5km trail run takes in the same run course as the first standard duathlon run around the scenic perimeter of the lake.
With bike hire, café and visitors centre there is something to do for the whole family at Carsington Water.
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events.
- Location: Carsington Water, Big Lane, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6 1ST
- Start times:
8am start – Standard & Trail Run
8:15am start – Sprint
Standard – 12.3k run – 48k bike – 3.8k run
Sprint – 3.8k run – 24k bike – 3.8k run run
Trail Run – 12.5k
- Minimum Age:
Standard Distance min age 17 on 31/12/2021
Sprint Distance min age 15 on 17/10/2021
Trail Run min age 15 on 17/10/2021
Activity: Running & Cycling
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: 5 options from just £30 per person (Details below)
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: None
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
Well marked, undulating 12km trail run around the lake.
A hilly bike course on tarmac roads.
The 3.8k run ia a flat out and back run across the dam wall with a well-marshalled turnaround point.
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are now allowed, and we encourage them to come along and cheer you on at this beautiful venue.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
There will be a prizegiving on the day to the male and female race winners.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Need help with your running? Whether this is your first duathlon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised run training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front and back of your vest or alternatively, using a race belt, rotate the race number to the back for the bike leg and the front for the run leg.
Run – Yes / Bike – No
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
No – Duathlon entrants can leave a bag in transition area
There will be toilets available.
There will be no water stations on the route (you will need to carry any liquids you need). There will be water available, self-service style, at the finish.
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee (less the booking fee).
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 17 (Standard Duathlon) as at 31/12/2021 …..or…… 15 (Sprint Duathlon and trail run) as at 24/10/2021.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, I accept BTF rules (duathlon).
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Please be sure to select your estimated run time for both distances as close as you can to the given options in hours and minutes (e.g. 26.30 – 26.45)
- BTF Insurance
The day licence for Non-BTF members is included in the entry price. If you are a BTF Member, please ensure that you complete your licence number accurately during the registration process. All licence numbers will be validated by BTF before the event and any entrants with an invalid BTF licence number will be asked to show an online copy at registration or, if this is not possible, invoiced £6 for a day license after the event.