JOIN US FOR THE DORNEY DUATHLON ON SUNDAY 24th OCTOBER 2021
Take on a Sprint or Standard distance and take the opportunity to race around this unique and inspiring Olympic venue!! This event is non-draft legal.
The flat and scenic grounds lend themselves to a totally flat bike and run course, the ideal venue for a chip timed personal best. Each discipline will be accurately marked out with distance flags and we will have plenty of helpers to keep you on track and to encourage you all the way to the finish.
The Standard duathlon and sprint duathlon will begin at 09:00am.
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events.
- Location: Dorney Lake, Court Lane, off Lake End Road, Windsor SL4 6FJ
- Start times: 09:00am – Standard Duathlon | 09.00am – Sprint Duathlon
Distances: Standard = 10k run, 38k bike, 5k run | Sprint = 5k run, 19k bike, 2.5k run
- Minimum Age: Standard Duathlon:17yrs (on 31/12/2021) Sprint Duathlon: 15yrs (on 24/10/2021) Parental consent required
Activity: Running & Cycling
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: 2 options from just £45 per person (Details below)
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: None
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website: Visit the event website here
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are currently not allowed. If this situation should change we will update this page.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
There will be no prizegiving on the day but your well-earned medals will be issued at the finish.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Need help with your running? Whether this is your first duathlon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised run training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front and back of your vest or alternatively, using a race belt, rotate the race number to the back for the bike leg and the front for the run leg.
Free parking available.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be toilets available.
There will be no water stations on the route (you will need to carry any liquids you need). There will be water available, self-service style, at the finish.
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee (less the booking fee).
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 17 (Standard Duathlon) /15 (Sprint Duathlon) as at 24/10/2021.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, I accept BTF rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Please be sure to select your estimated run time for both distances as close as you can to the given options in hours and minutes (e.g. 26.30 – 26.45)
- The BTF Day License for the event is included in the price of a Non BTF Entry.