Dorney Lake Marathon
Proudly awarded a Silver Racecheck award with reviews for the previous Dorney Marathon earning an average review score of 4.7 out of 5
JOIN US FOR THE DORNEY LAKE MARATHON ON SUNDAY 3RD OCTOBER 2021.
The Dorney Lake Autumn Marathon will take place on Sunday 3rd October 2021. This is an ideal venue to complete your London Marathon Virtual run on one of the fastest courses in the country. The course has an international certificate of accuracy, so your result will count for Good for Age and qualifying times for international marathons.
Dorney Lake, situated near the village of Dorney in Buckinghamshire, is a purpose built rowing lake with grounds that are a perfect backdrop to running as well as rowing. The flat course is ideal for a chip timed personal best over the Marathon distance with 63% of runners surveyed in 2020 achieving a personal best on this course.
With events around the country being cancelled we are pleased to be able to give you the opportunity to complete the marathon distance in a small scale, socially distanced environment. The event is restricted to just 600 runners and held in traffic free and private grounds. The race will be held under a full UK Athletics race license.
- Location: Dorney Lake, Court Lane, off Lake End Road, Windsor SL4 6FJ
- Start times: Wave Start times (based on your estimated completion time):
Marathon Sub 3 Hours & 6+ Hours – 09:00am, Marathon Between 4 – 6 Hours – 10:00am, Marathon Between 3 – 4 Hours – 11:00am.
- Distances: 26.2 miles/42.2K
- Minimum Age:18yrs (on 03/10/2021)
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: From just £40 per person (Details below)
- UKA License No: Provisional Licence 2021-41479
- Refunds ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: None
We’re delighted to partner with Centrepoint as our official Charity Partner. Centrepoint is the UK’s leading charity for homeless young people. In the wake of the pandemic, youth homelessness is on the rise in the UK – 121,000 young people asked for help with homelessness last year.
We have joined forces with them to help and you can play a role by fundraising!
Sign up for a FREE charity place and pledge to help with their incredible work. You’ll receive a fundraising pack, dedicated support from the team and your very own Centrepoint t-shirt to wear with pride during your event. Join us in the race to end youth homelessness today.
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
With the current covid restrictions spectators ARE allowed to attend the event but we ask that wherever possible they arrive in the same vehicle as the athlete.
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
There will be no prizegiving ceremony. Medals will be available for collection at the end of the race
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Whether this is your first marathon and you want to know how to prepare, or are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of improving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised Marathon training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Free parking available. Marshals will be on hand to direct you
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be a baggage area at this event.
Toilets will be provided for the event.
There is one drinks station on the course with water in 200ml cups and High 5 Energy gels. You will pass this at around 2.5K then roughly every 5K thereafter (8 in total). Our marshals will be available to restock the water supplies. If you prefer you can bring your own hydration/supplies for the event but it must be carried on your person while you take part.
The Marathon @ Dorney Lake has a maximum time restriction of 7 hours, after which there may not be marshals and time keepers available.
ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 18 on the day of the event.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, I accept UKA rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Please be sure to give your estimated run time as accurately as you can .
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.
- CENTREPOINT CHARITY PLACE Please note there is a minimum fundraising pledge and your place will be cancelled if you do not meet the target;
Half Marathon £200