Dorney Lake Marathon
JOIN US FOR THE DORNEY LAKE MARATHON ON SUNDAY 3RD OCTOBER 2021.
The Dorney Lake Autumn Marathon will take place on Sunday 3rd October 2021. This is an ideal venue to complete your London Marathon Virtual run on one of the fastest courses in the country. The course has an international certificate of accuracy, so your result will count for Good for Age and qualifying times for international marathons.
Dorney Lake, situated near the village of Dorney in Buckinghamshire, is a purpose built rowing lake with grounds that are a perfect backdrop to running as well as rowing. The flat course is ideal for a chip timed personal best over the Marathon distance with 63% of runners surveyed in 2020 achieving a personal best on this course.
With events around the country being cancelled we are pleased to be able to give you the opportunity to complete the marathon distance in a small scale, socially distanced environment. The event is restricted to just 600 runners and held in traffic free and private grounds. The race will be held under a full UK Athletics race license.
The official chip timed marathon will begin at 09:00am, 10:00am ad 11:00am respectively with each start taking place in a time trial format. The athletes with the fastest predicted times set off first. The start line will be similar to a Formula 1 starting grid with athletes being kept socially distanced on the start line and starting in small waves.
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events
We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable).
- Location: Dorney Lake, Court Lane, off Lake End Road, Windsor SL4 6FJ
- Start times: Wave Start times (based on your estimated completion time):
Marathon Sub 3 Hours & 6+ Hours – 09:00am, Marathon Between 4 – 6 Hours – 10:00am, Marathon Between 3 – 4 Hours – 11:00am.
- Distances: 26.2 miles/42.2K
- Minimum Age:18yrs (on 03/10/2021)
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: From just £40 per person (Details below)
- UKA License No: Provisional Licence 2021-41479
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: None
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Due to current restrictions all event staff and volunteers will need to confirm that they have not been unwell in the 14 days leading up to the event. This also applies to competitors and spectators. For this reason spectators are currently not allowed at Dorney Lake. If this situation should change we will update this page. If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
There will be no prizegiving ceremony. Medals will be available for collection at the end of the race
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Whether this is your first marathon and you want to know how to prepare, or are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of improving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised Marathon training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Free parking available. Marshals will be on hand to direct you
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be a baggage area at this event.
Toilets will be provided for the event.
There is one drinks station on the course with water in 200ml cups and High 5 Energy gels. You will pass this at around 2.5K then roughly every 5K thereafter (8 in total). Our marshals will be available to restock the water supplies. If you prefer you can bring your own hydration/supplies for the event but it must be carried on your person while you take part.
The Marathon @ Dorney Lake has a maximum time restriction of 7 hours, after which there may not be marshals and time keepers available.
ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 18 on the day of the event.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, I accept UKA rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Please be sure to give your estimated run time as accurately as you can .
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.