JOIN US FOR THE ESSEX DUATHLON ON SUNDAY 9th JANUARY 2022.
Kick start your 2022 multisport year with a run-bike-run event at the disused Debden Airfield. With distances ranging from a 5k-16k-5k Sprint for beginners, up to our 10k-64k-10k Middle distance for experienced duathletes, there really is something for everyone.
The run course is guaranteed traffic-free, using a 5km circuit around the flat airfield that maps out the shape of an airplane, (quite appropriate for the location).
The bike course winds its way around the beautiful country lanes, and with only 3 left-hand turns to negotiate each lap, its bound to leave you grinning from ear to ear.
- Location: Debden Airfield, Carver Barracks, Water Ln, Wimbish, Saffron Walden CB10 2YA
- Start times: All races start at 9am
Sprint: 5km run (1lap) – 16km bike (1lap) – 5km run (1lap)
Standard: 10km run (2laps) – 32km bike (2laps) – 5km run (1lap)
Middle: 10km run (2laps) – 64km bike (4laps) – 10km run (2 lap)
- Minimum Age: 15yrs – Sprint (age on 9th Jan 2022); 17yrs – Standard and Middle (age on 31st Dec 2022)
Activity: Running & Cycling
Open to: Solo participants – Relay option is available for the Sprint race
Entry Fee: From just £40 per person (Details below)
- British Triathlon Permit: Applied for
- Refunds Active Training World does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: None
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about paid marshalling opportunities, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
We are now pleased to be able to welcome spectators to our events. Please bring your loudest voices, bells, tambourines, etc… to cheer our duathletes on!
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
There will be a prizegiving ceremony for the male and female winners in each race.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number on the front of your top for the run and the back of your top for the bike – number belts are allowed.
There is an option for a two or three person team to tackle the sprint distance, with one person completing a discipline each.
Ample parking is available at venue.
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be an area available at the side of the transition area for surplus baggage.
Toilets will be provided for the event.
Water will be provided on the run route and at the finish. Full info will be provided in the final details.
There will not be a feed station on the bike.
There will be km markers on the run.
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.
5) By entering this event, the athlete understands their relevant information will be shared with the medical provider, governing sports body and any other 3rd party deemed necessary by ATW for the safe running of the event.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.