Essex Marathon & Half Marathon
JOIN US FOR THE ESSEX MARATHON & HALF MARATHON ON SUNDAY 9TH OCTOBER 2022.
Challenge yourself to either a Half or Full Marathon in Essex. This is a flat and fast course with tarmac, traffic free running around the former RAF Debden Airfield. The course is designed in the shape of an aircraft in honour of so many RAF and USAAF who were stationed here over the years.
The race will be held under a full UK Athletics race license.
You can purchase an event T-Shirt as a memento of the day for just £10!
- Location: Debden Airfield, Carver Barracks, Water Ln, Wimbish, Saffron Walden CB10 2YA
- Start times: Wave Start times (based on your estimated completion time): 09:00am – Marathon Sub 3 Hours & 6+ Hours, Half Marathon Sub 1.5 Hours & 3+ Hours; 10:00am – Marathon Between 4 – 6 Hours, Half Marathon Between 2 – 3 Hours; 11.00am – Marathon Between 3 – 4 Hours, Half Marathon Between 1.5 – 2 Hours
- Distances: Half Marathon 13.1 miles/21K (3 laps) | Full Marathon 26.2 miles/42.2K (6 laps)
- Minimum Age: 17yrs – Half Marathon | 18yrs – Full Marathon (ages as 09/10/22)
- Activity: Running
- Open to: Solo participants
- Entry Fee: From £25 per person (Details below)
- UKA License No: Applied for
- Refund Policy: Active Training World does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: None
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top 3 male and female finishers in each race on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Ample ample parking is available at venue.
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be a baggage area
Toilets will be provided for the event.
Water will be provided on a Covid-safe way on the run route and at the finish. Full info will be provided in the final details.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- Please supply your estimated run time in minutes/seconds (e.g. 50.34)
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.