Remembrance Runs Essex
JOIN US FOR THE REMEMBRANCE RUNS ESSEX ON SATURDAY 13TH NOVEMBER 2021.
Come and join us for the Essex Remembrance Run, in support of The Felix Fund.
Join Active Training World at for our Remembrance Runs at The Carver Barracks, (Formerly Debden Airfield), in Essex. Help us to honour our fallen heroes and raise money this fantastic military charity.
Remembrance Day (informally known as Poppy Day owes to the tradition of wearing the remembrance poppy), has been observed in Commonwealth member states since the end of the First World War to remember the members of their armed forces who have died in the line of duty.
The day will consist of a metric marathon (26.2km), half marathon, 10km, 5km and a 1 mile race. All races are traffic free and use the flat and fast concrete grounds of the dis-used former World War 2 airfield.
This is the weekend to Remembrance Day, which is commemorated every year on 11 November to mark the armistice signed between the Allies of World War 1 and Germany at Compiègne, France, marking the end of the First World War, which took effect at eleven o’clock in the morning — “The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month” of 1918.
- Location: Debden Airfield, Carver Barracks, Water Ln, Wimbish, Saffron Walden CB10 2YA
- Start times: 1 mile from 9am, other distances from 10am
- Distances: Metric Marathon 26.2Km | Half Marathon 13.1 miles | 10K | 5K | 1 Mile
- Minimum Age: 17yrs – Half Marathon | 15years – 10K | 11yrs – 5K | 1Mile – no minimum
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: From just £5 per person (Details below)
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Due to current restrictions all event staff and volunteers will need to confirm that they have not been unwell in the 14 days leading up to the event. This also applies to competitors and spectators. For this reason we are discouraging spectators to attend the event. If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Medals will be available for collection at the end of the race.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Whether this is your first marathon or half marathon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of improving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised Half Marathon training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Ample ample parking is available at venue.
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be a baggage are
Toilets will be provided for the event.
Water will be provided on a Covid-safe way on the run route and at the finish. Full info will be provided in the final details.
Each mile and km
ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- Please supply your estimated run time in minutes/seconds (e.g. 50.34)
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.