ATW Grafham Standard Distance Triathlon
ATW INVITE YOU TO GRAFHAM WATER, ONE OF THE COUNTRY’S MOST LOVED TRIATHLON VENUES, ON SATURDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER 2022
Whether you are an experienced athlete looking for a fast race, or a novice competitor looking for a safe and friendly venue for your first open water multisport event, Grafham Water is ideal. We guarantee you’ll enjoy this fantastic venue that has been used for award-winning triathlons, national championships and GB qualifier races.
Triathlon – swim 1500m, cycle 36km, run 10km
The swim takes place in the beautiful clean waters of the Grafham Water reservoir, with a two laps of a 750m loop.
The bike is a flat out and back bike course that takes you through some of the most scenic villages in the area.
The run is two laps of a 5k route that uses the natural footpaths of Grafham water. The route heads out across the iconic dam wall before looping past the finish area where you’ll receive great support each lap.
If you don’t fancy taking on all three disciplines yourself, why not team up with up to two others and enter as a relay team taking on a discipline each?
Don’t fancy the run? Why not tackle an Aquabike that finishes after the bike, at the entrance to transition.
- Location: Grafham Water Visitor Centre, Marlow Park, Grafham, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE28 0BH
- Start time: 8:00am
- Distances: Standard Distance Triathlon (and relay) = 1500m swim, 38km cycle, 10km run; Aquabike = 1500m swim, 38km cycle.
- Minimum Age: 17 as at 31/12/2022
- Activity: Swimming, Cycling & Running
- Open to: Solo participants and relay teams
- Entry Fee: 4 options from just £67 per person (Details below)
- Refunds: Active Training World does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation: If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top male and female finishers in each race on the day.
There will be full results on the Event Chip Timing
Whether this is your first triathlon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit Active Training World Plans (finalsurge.com)to select your requirements for a fully customised training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your top for the run and back for the bike, or alternatively, using a race belt, rotate the race number to the back for the bike leg and the front for the run leg.
Parking is available at Grafham Water for a fee payable to Anglian Water at the car park machines.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be toilets available.
Yes, on the run course and bottled water at finish.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth, gender and email details will be onto Event Chip Timing.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of BTF rules
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- BTF Insurance
The day licence for Non-BTF members is included in the entry price. If you are a BTF Member, please ensure that you complete your licence number accurately during the registration process. All licence numbers will be validated by BTF before the event and any entrants with an invalid BTF licence number will be asked to show an online copy at registration or, if this is not possible, invoiced £6 for a day license after the event.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.
Price does not include booking fee