Grafham Water Standard Aquathlon
JOIN US AT THE ICONIC GRAFHAM WATER FOR OUR STANDARD DISTANCE AQUATHLON ON SUNDAY 25TH JULY 2021
Whether you are an experienced athlete looking for a fast race, or a novice competitor looking for a safe and friendly venue for your first open water multisport event, Grafham Water is ideal. We guarantee you’ll enjoy this fantastic venue that has been used for award-winning triathlons, national championships and GB qualifier races.
Aquathlon – swim 1500m, run 10km
The swim takes place in the beautiful clean waters of the Grafham Water reservoir and the run is a 5k lap course using the natural footpaths of Grafham water that head out across the iconic dam wall before looping past the finish area where you’ll receive great support.
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events.
- Location: Grafham Water Visitor Centre, Marlow Park, Grafham, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE28 0BH
- Start times: From 7:00am (exact wave groupings and start times to be advised in final details depending on Covid restrictions)
- Distances: Standard Aquathlon = 1500m swim, 10km run.
- Minimum Age:17 as at 31/12/2021
- Activity: Swimming & Running
- Entry Fee: 2 options from just £40 per person (Details below)
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website: None
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
The guidance around spectators is changing regularly, and we will advise you in the final information document.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
There will be no prizegiving on the day but your well-earned medals will be issued at the finish and trophies will be posted to the top male/female finisher.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category (5yr Age Groups).
Need help with your running? Whether this is your first aquathlon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised run training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest or alternatively, using a race belt.
Parking is available at Grafham Water for a fee payable to Anglian Water.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be toilets available.
Yes – bottled water on the run and at the finish.
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee (less the booking fee).
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of BTF rules
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- BTF Insurance
The day licence for Non-BTF members is included in the entry price. If you are a BTF Member, please ensure that you complete your licence number accurately during the registration process. All licence numbers will be validated by BTF before the event and any entrants with an invalid BTF licence number will be asked to show an online copy at registration or, if this is not possible, invoiced £6 for a day license after the event..
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.