Grafham Standard Distance Duathlon
JOIN US AT THE ICONIC GRAFHAM WATER FOR OUR STANDARD DISTANCE DUATHLON, FEATURING THE 2023 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP STANDARD DISTANCE DUATHLON QUALIFIER
DATE TO BE CONFIRMED
Whether you are an experienced athlete looking to qualify for the World Championships, get a fast race, or are a novice competitor looking for a safe and friendly venue, Grafham Water is ideal. We guarantee you’ll enjoy this fantastic venue that has been used for award-winning triathlons, national championships and GB qualifier races.
Duathlon – run 10km, cycle 38km, run 5km
The run is a 5k lap course using the natural footpaths of Grafham water that head out and back across the iconic dam wall before looping past the finish area where you’ll receive great support. The bike is an out and back ride to StNeots with minimal turns allowing for super-fast riding.
The event is non-drafting, and there will be British Triathlon Moto Officials on the course to ensure that the racing is fair and safe.
If you are looking to qualify for the GB Age Group Team, Athletes MUST register their intent to qualify before 5pm on the Friday before the qualifying race. No late registrations will count.
For further information, follow this link Age Group Qualifiers Calendar – British Triathlon
- Location: Grafham Water Visitor Centre, Marlow Park, Grafham, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE28 0BH
- Start times: From 8:00am (exact wave groupings and start times to be advised in final details)
- Distances: Standard Distance Duathlon = 10km run, 38km cycle, 5km run.
- Minimum Age: 17 as at 31/12/2022
- Activity: Cycle – Run – Cycle
- Entry Fee: from just £45 (Taking advantage of our launch offers)
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: None
Bike – Single-lap non-drafting bike course on public roads.
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
The guidance around spectators is changing regularly, and we will advise you in the final information document.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Your well-earned medals will be issued at the finish and trophies will be presented to the top 3 male/female finishers in the event.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category (5yr Age Groups).
Need help with your training? Whether this is your first duathlon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the Final Surge Website to purchase for a fully event specific training plan from our trusted coaching partner.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your top for the run and the back for the bike…..or alternatively, using a race belt, rotate the race number to the back for the bike leg and the front for the run leg.
Parking is available at Grafham Water, for a fee payable to Anglian Water.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be toilets available.
Yes, on the run course and in fully recycled bottles at finish.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of BTF rules
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- BTF Insurance
The day licence for Non-BTF members is included in the entry price. If you are a BTF Member, please ensure that you complete your licence number accurately during the registration process. All licence numbers will be validated by BTF before the event and any entrants with an invalid BTF licence number will be asked to show an online copy at registration or, if this is not possible, invoiced £6 for a day license after the event.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.