Great Yarmouth Triathlon 26th September 2021
JOIN US FOR THE GREAT YARMOUTH TRIATHLON ON 26th SEPTEMBER 2021
Pack up your bucket and spade as well as your swim, bike and run gear for this inaugural running of the event that is destined to become one of the most popular triathlons on the East coast of Britain.
You have the choice of three events with a Sprint, Standard and Challenge distance on offer. All the events will begin with a beach start and sea swim, before heading North along the seafront on the bike leg. The cycle will then head inland to ride round the surrounding countryside before returning to to the seafront for a multi-lap run leg on the promenade, ideal for the support of cheering spectators.
The event distances are as follows:
Sprint event features a 750m swim, 21km bike and a 5km run.
Standard event features a 2-lap 1500m swim, 38km bike and a 10km run.
Challenge event features a 3-lap 2250m swim, 62km bike and a 15km run.
The Challenge distance event also features an Aquabike (swim-bike only) and a Team Relay (one person per discipline) option.
Please note that the swim is in the sea and will be more challenging than a typical open water or pool swim. Wetsuits are not compulsory but are recommended subject to British Triathlon temperature restrictions, though the sea at Great Yarmouth is unlikely to exceed the maximum temperature allowed for wetsuits.
The unique swim format will include an Australian-style swim exit after each lap. The race will start with the Challenge distance athletes and as the race leader completes one lap, the Standard distance athletes will enter the water. After the leader’s completion of the next lap the Sprint distance athletes will join in the swim.
Although we aren’t putting a time limit on the course, this bike course will include a managed junction as the route leaves town. This junction will allow athletes an unobstructed ride through for up to 45 minutes after the leader has passed. Any athletes more than 45 minutes behind the leader at this point will be allowed to continue, but have to obey the traffic lights at this junction. On the way back in to town this junction does not affect the route.
- Location: Great Yarmouth Seafront, Norfolk
- Start times: 7:00 Challenge, 7:10 Standard, 7:20 Sprint
Distances: Sprint Triathlon = 750m swim, 21km bike, 5km run | Standard Triathlon = 1500m swim, 38km bike, 10km run | Challenge Triathlon (and relay) = 2250m swim, 62km bike, 15km run | Challenge Aquabike = 2250 swim, 62km bike
- Minimum Age: Sprint – 15yrs | Standard – 17yrs | Challenge Distance – 18yrs (ages on 31/12/2021- Except: Due to cycling on open roads Sprint competitors must be 15 by the day of the race)
Activity: Sea Swim, Road Cycling & Running
Open to: Solo participants and relay teams
Entry Fee: 5 options from just £60 per person (Details below)
- Refunds ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website: None
CHARITY PLACES ARE AVAILABLE FROM OUR 2021 CHARITY PARTNER CENTREPOINT– See below for further information
We’re delighted to partner with Centrepoint as our official Charity Partner. Centrepoint is the UK’s leading charity for homeless young people. In the wake of the pandemic, youth homelessness is on the rise in the UK – 121,000 young people asked for help with homelessness last year.
We have joined forces with them to help and you can play a role by fundraising!
Sign up for a FREE charity place and pledge to help with their incredible work. You’ll receive a fundraising pack, dedicated support from the team and your very own Centrepoint t-shirt to wear with pride during your event. Join us in the race to end youth homelessness today.
Online Briefing Video
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are currently not allowed. If this situation should change we will update this page.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Prizes for Top 3 Men & Top 3 Women overall
Plus prizes for Top 3 Men & Top 3 Women in age 40+ category
There may be no prizegiving on the day (due to Covid restrictions) but you will be able to collect your finishers medals.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Need help with your running? Whether this is your first triathlon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to see our available training plans.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front and back of your vest or alternatively, using a race belt, rotate the race number to the back for the bike leg and the front for the run leg.
Parking will be located on the seafront at Great Yarmouth. More detailed information will be provided in the final details.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be toilets available.
Water will be provided on a Covid-safe way on the run route and at the finish. Full info will be provided in the final details.
Dogs & Buggies
No dogs and buggies allowed.
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
Covid guarantee – If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee (less the booking fee).
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over 15 as at 26/9/2021 (Sprint Distance), over 17 as at 31/12/2021 (Standard Distance) or over 18 as at 31/12/2021 (Challenge Distance).
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, I accept BTF rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- BTF Insurance
The day licence for Non-BTF members is included in the entry price. If you are a BTF Member, please ensure that you complete your licence number accurately during the registration process. All licence numbers will be validated by BTF before the event and any entrants with an invalid BTF licence number will be asked to show an online copy at registration or, if this is not possible, invoiced £6 for a day license after the event.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.
- CENTREPOINT CHARITY PLACE Please note there is a minimum fundraising pledge and your place will be cancelled if you do not meet the target;
Half Marathon £200