Great Yarmouth Seafront 10k & Half Marathon
THE GREAT YARMOUTH SEAFRONT 10K & HALF MARATHON RETURNS FOR SUNDAY 12TH MARCH 2023!
Pack your trainers alongside your bucket and spade for the inaugural running of the Great Yarmouth Seafront Half Marathon and 10k. The course starts and finishes on the running track and will take in the familiar tourist sights of Great Yarmouth, including the Pier, Venetian Waterways, Seafront amusement arcades, Nelson’s monument and the Pleasure Beach.
Local musicians will provide entertainment on the route to keep your spirits high and you’ll be working up a great appetite for some famous fish and chips afterwards.
The Half marathon will cover two laps of this unique course, while the 10k will finish after one lap.
The race is held on an accurately measured course and will be held under a full UK Athletics race license.
- Location: Great Yarmouth Seafront, starting and finishing at the Wellesley Recreation Ground, home of Great Yarmouth FC
- Start times: From 8:30am
- Distances: 10k and Half Marathon 13.1 miles/21.1km
- Minimum Age: 15yrs – 10km ; 17yrs – Half Marathon (ages as 20/3/23)
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: From £ 22 per person (Details below)
- UKA License No: Licence applied for
- Refund Policy: Active Training World does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
This event forms part of the Great Yarmouth Endurance weekend with the Great Yarmouth Cycle Sportive on Saturday 11th March, for those who wish to tackle both and collect two unique medals that join together.
You can also purchase an Endurance Weekend event T-Shirt as a memento of the day for just £10!
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at Events@activetrainingworld.co.uk
If you are interested in becoming a paid marshal email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Ample parking is available within Great Yarmouth.
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be a baggage area
Toilets will be provided for the event.
Water will be provided on a Covid-safe way on the run route and at the finish. Full info will be provided in the final details.
Mile markers will be used for the Half Marathon.
Km markers will be used for the 10k
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth, gender and email details will be onto Event Chip Timing.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.
- If you would like to enter the Great Yarmouth Cycle Sportive – CLICK HERE
- If you would like to enter the Great Yarmouth Endurance Weekend (Both the cycle event and the running event) – CLICK HERE