**** SOLD OUT ****
NO FURTHER PLACES WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE FOR THIS EVENT
JOIN US FOR THE HATFIELD 5 ON SUNDAY 28TH NOVEMBER 2021
This once small, local event has become a major part of the calendar for runners in Hertfordshire and beyond. It’s popularity quickly grew as word got out that the course was seriously quick!
This years race will be part of the Herts County Senior championships. To be eligible you must either be born in Hertfordshire or have been a resident for a minimum of 9 months.
This race will take place under a UK Athletics race license.
- Location: University of Hertfordshire, College Lane, Hatfield, AL10 9AB
- Start times: 10:00am
- Distances: 5miles
- Minimum Age: 15yrs (ages as at 28th November 2021)
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: From just £15 per person (Details below)
- UKA License No: Applied for
- Refunds ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website: None
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Due to current restrictions all event staff and volunteers will need to confirm that they have not been unwell in the 14 days leading up to the event. This also applies to competitors and spectators. For this reason we are discouraging spectators to attend the event. If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
There will be no prizegiving ceremony. Medals will be available for collection at the end of the race
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Whether this is your first 5 mile race and want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised 10K training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Parking in the UH Multi-Storey Car Park is completely free. Click here to see the location on Google Maps.
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be no baggage area, as per UKA guidance, however the car parking is right next to the race HQ.
Toilets & Changing
Come changed and ready to run if possible. There will be supervised storage for bags and belongings but please leave valuables at home as ATW will not be responsible for lost property.
The use of bone conduction headphones IS allowed, since these do not cover the ears or disrupt your awareness of sound around you. However, please keep the volume at a level where you can still hear the marshals’ instructions.
Water will NOT be provided on the course but will be available at the end of the race.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- Please supply your estimated run time in minutes/seconds (e.g. 50.34)
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.