JOIN US FOR THE HERTFORDSHIRE TRIATHLON ON SUNDAY 22ND MAY 2022.
This event will feature super sprint, sprint and standard individual triathlons, both with relay and aquabike options. The sprint distance triathlon includes the Herts Club Championships, but is open to everyone. The race starts with an open water lake swim before heading out onto a rural, undulating bike course in the Hertfordshire countryside. The run is completely traffic free, on a compact grass surface.
In addtion, the standard distance will be part of the Herts Club Champs with a Herts Club Championship Trophy for the winning club team.
The Super Sprint distance is open to everyone to enter, but in particular is ideal for Youth and Junior athletes aged 15+ on race day.
The triathlon will begin at 07:00am.
- Location: Stanborough Lakes, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL8 6DQ
- Start times: From 07.00am
Distances: Standard Triathlon = 1500m swim, 38k bike ride, 10k run| Sprint Triathlon = 750m swim, 20k bike ride, 5k run | SuperSprint Triathlon = 400m swim, 12k bike ride, 2.5k run | Standard Aquabike = 1500m swim, 38k bike ride | Sprint Aquabike = 750m swim, 20k bike ride
- Minimum Age: Standard Triathlon/Aquabike: 17yrs (on 31/12/2022) SuperSprint & Sprint Triathlon/Aquabike: 15yrs (on 23/5/2022) Parental Consent required
Activity: Swimming, Cycling & Running
Open to: Solo participants and relay teams
Entry Fee: From just £52 per person (Details below)
- Refunds Active Training World does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website: Click here to visit
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Supporters are now welcome and encouraged to attend our races, we want to create a friendly and safe atmosphere for all our participants.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top male and female finisher in each race on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Herts Club Championship Trophy for the winning club team
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front and back of your vest or alternatively, using a race belt, rotate the race number to the back for the bike leg and the front for the run leg.
A pay and display car park is available at Stanborough Lakes.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be toilets available.
There will be no water stations on the route (you will need to carry any liquids you need). There will be water available, self-service style, at the finish.
Dogs & Buggies
No dogs and buggies allowed.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 17 (Standard Triathlon/Aquabike) /15 (Sprint Triathlon/Aquabike) as at 23/05/2021 – Parental Consent also required.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, I accept BTF rule.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- The BTF Day License for the event is included in the price of a Non BTF Entry.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.