Herts Fast 10k & 5K
JOIN US FOR THE HERTS FAST 10K & 5K ON SUNDAY 18TH JULY 2021.
The flat, tarmac racecourse is ideal for a chip timed personal best over the 10km and 5km distances.
With events around the country being cancelled we are pleased to be able to give you the opportunity to complete the 10km and 5km distances in a small scale, socially distanced environment. The event held in traffic free and private grounds using a 2km and 1km loop around the Drift Limits motor racing circuits. The race will be held under a full UK Athletics race license.
The races will start in a time trial format, with the athletes with the fastest predicted times going off first. The start line will be similar to a Formula 1 starting grid with athletes being kept socially distanced on the start line and starting in small waves.
As Active Training World continue to organise events during this difficult time, we undertand that many people are nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video “Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events”
We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and a postponement date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Location: Drift Limits Motorsport Academy, Runways Farm, Upper Bourne End Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP1 2RR
- Start times: 9am – 5K, 10am – Sub 45 minute runners, 11:15am – 45 minute plus runners
- Distances: 10K & 5K
- Minimum Age: 15yrs (ages as at 18/07/2021)
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: From just £12 per person (Details below)
- UKA License No: Applied for
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: None
The course is a 2km, flat and fast, tarmac loop that runs clockwise around the drift limits motor racing circuits on Bovingdon Airfield- a former RAF and US air force base during World War 2.- the 5km also uses a 1km loop.
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Due to current restrictions all event staff and volunteers will need to confirm that they have not been unwell in the 14 days leading up to the event. This also applies to competitors and spectators. For this reason we are discouraging spectators to attend the event. If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
There will be no prizegiving ceremony. Medals will be available for collection at the end of the race
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Whether this is your first 10K or 5K and want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised 10K training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be no baggage area, however the car parking is right next to the race HQ.
Toilets will be provided for the event.
There will be no water stations on the route (you will need to carry any liquids you need). There will be water available, self-service style, at the finish.
ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee (excluding booking fee).
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- Please supply your estimated run time in minutes/seconds (e.g. 50.34)
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- If you have entered a previous event that has been cancelled, you may have a discount voucher to enter this event FOR FREE! Please check by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure or have forgotten your voucher code.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.