Herts Health Ride – in partnership with the East and North Hertfordshire Hospitals’ Charity
JOIN US FOR THIS TIMED CYCLE SPORTIF TO SUPPORT THE VALUABLE CHARITY WORK OF THE EAST & NORTH HERTFORDSHIRE HOSPITALS’ CHARITY
Based at the magnificent surroundings of the Woodhall Estate this bike ride will take in the rolling countryside of North and East Hertfordshire. We will have three well-signed routes available on public roads from a beginner-friendly 28km loop with less than 1% of climbing, a 56km undulating loop and a challenging 109km loop that has over 1000m of climb in the Northern Chilterns.
For those using GPS devices, GPX files will be provided to download before the event.
There will be three refreshment points on the 100km route (2 on the 55km, and 1 on the 28km) to enable you to replenish your water bottles and energy reserves.
We will have a sweep vehicle on the course to assist any cyclists who have mechanical issues, and in case of any serious issues, we will have emergency contact numbers available for you to call, with paramedics on standby.
The route will cover a variety of road surfaces, and we encourage you to carry suitable spares in case of punctures and minor mechanicals.
In addition to the road rides mentioned above, we will have an untimed 3.2km family-friendly ride that doesn’t leave the Woodhall Estate. This lap will be on manicured grass, suitable for all types of bikes and suitable for all ages and abilities to have a go at. We challenge you to see how many laps of the route you can complete. Each rider will have a card that will be stamped each lap to prove just how far they have travelled.
Upon completion of your ride, you’ll all receive a finishers medal celebrating your achievement, and we will have food and drink available to purchase at the event HQ.
Sign up today to support the East and North Hertfordshire Hospital’s Charity while enjoying a beautiful ride in the Hertfordshire countryside.
As Active Training World continue to organise events during this difficult time, we undertand that many people are nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video “Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events”
- Date: 11th July 2021
- Location:Woodhall Estate, Watton-at-Stone, Hertfordshire, SG14 3NN
- Start times:Between 7:30 and 10am (exact start times to be advised in final details depending on Covid restrictions)
- Distances: 28km, 56km, 109km, and 3.2K (untimed)Family Ride
- Minimum Age: There is no minimum age for the rides.
Entrants must be aged 13 or over on the day to ride unaccompanied Under 13’s to be accompanied by an adult throughout the ride.
All under 18’s require parental consent and must be able to ride safely on public roads and be capable of completing the distance entered
Open to: Solo participants and Family Teams (4 max)
Entry Fees: The Challenge Cycle – 28km – £25 |The Big Ride – 56km – £30 |The Enduro Sportif – 109km – £35 |Family Woodhall Estate ride – £20 individual | Family Woodhall Estate Ride – £50 family ticket (up to 4 individuals). Entry fee includes a £10 donation to the East and North Hertfordshire Hospitals’ Charity. Family ticket includes a £25 donation.
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a number of options, one of which will be a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
Well signposted public roads
All under 18’s must be able to ride safely on public roads and be capable of completing the distance entered
The Family Ride is within the grounds of Woodhall Park on manicured grass.
You don’t need a specialist road bike to take part in this event, any kind of roadworthy, well-maintained bike would be able to complete the shortest route.
For a variety of beginners cycling advice, follow this link Advice for beginners | Cycling UK
The family ride is on short grass, so is suitable for any bike.
East & North Hertfordshire Hospitals’ Charity
East & North Hertfordshire Hospitals’ Charity is the local dedicated charity for the East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust- raising funds to enhance and improve care at the Lister, New QEII, Hertford County and the Mount Vernon Cancer Centre Hospitals.
The charity aims to make a difference to local patients, NHS staff and families by funding extra equipment, facilities, comfort items, support services, art, research and staff training- all of which are above and beyond the remit of the NHS Trust. From supporting your local cancer centre, maternity unit, children’s ward, urology team and dementia ward- donations to the charity will help enhance care for babies, children, men, women, elderly right to those at the end of their life.
This year the charity is celebrating its 25th birthday and 25 years of providing extraordinary care across their hospitals so they are inviting supporters to take on their birthday challenge and aim to raise over £250 through the Herts Health Ride cycling challenge! Read here how you can get involved in their valuable work.
Why not get sponsorship for your entry and use this event to raise more funds for the charity? A link to our Just Giving page is here https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/hertshealthride
Your entry fee includes a £10 donation to the charity. A Family ticket includes a £25 donation.
We welcome the support you will give by entering this event and if you’d like to make an additional donation you will have the opportunity during the registration process.
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Due to current restrictions all event staff and volunteers will need to confirm that they have not been unwell in the 14 days leading up to the event. This also applies to competitors.
Spectators are currently not allowed to attend the event. If this should change, we will let you know.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
This is a timed event, not a race, so no prizes, but all finishers will receive a medal which will be available for collection at the end of the race.
There will be full results on the chip timing website.
Third Party Liability Insurance is provided for this event through CyclingUK.
Individuals may take out their own third party insurance cover with CyclingUK by following this link Third Party Liability Insurance | Cycling UK
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Ample parking is available at venue.
Changing and Bag Storage
A baggage drop tent will be provided – no liability is accepted for any lost property. Please avoid bringing valuables and please use a recognisable waterproof bag.
Toilets will be provided for the event.
Refreshment stations en route and bottled water at finish.
ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
During the registration process, you will have the chance to opt out of any future marketing communications from Active Training World or East and North Hertfordshire Hospitals’ Charity.
Please note that communications and notifications that relate to the Herts Health Ride event will be sent by Active Training World for administration purposes which will include event notices and updates that all cyclists need to be aware of before participating.
Your name, date of birth and email details will be passed onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event you give permission for us to share your contact details with our charity partner for the event, the East and North Hertfordshire Hospitals’ Charity, who will contact you regarding charity fundraising opportunities.
5) I understand that there are no special allowances for under 18’s and they must be able to ride safely on public roads and be capable of completing the distance entered.
6) I understand that entrants must be aged 13 or over on the day to ride unaccompanied and Under 13’s must be accompanied by an adult throughout the ride.
7) I understand that if I am making an entry on behalf of an under 18’s a parent/guardian must give their consent for them to participate.
- During the registration process you will be asked if you want to make a donation alongside your entry. We would encourage everyone to do this to support the work of the East & North Hertfordshire Hospitals’ Charity
- For Family Ride entries, please supply the name and details of the lead rider.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.