Holme Pierrepont Charity Swim Event
Saturday 21st August 2021
Nottinghamshire Hospice’s mission is to add life to every day for people who have been told their illness cannot be cured, helping them to live as actively and well as possible with care that puts them at the front of everything the hospice says and does.
Nottinghamshire Hospice believes everyone in Nottinghamshire should have a good death. All care is provided free, as they believe nobody should have to worry about paying for care at such a challenging time. For patients and their loved ones, the palliative, end of life care and support that the hospice provides is a beacon of hope in fulfilling their rights.
Last year, Nottinghamshire Hospice supported over 3,000 people through end-of-life care at home. They have just opened up their new GRACE Unit, providing a space for complementary therapy and group activities whilst continuing round the clock care in people’s homes.
Every year, Nottinghamshire Hospice needs to raise £3million to meet the needs of patients with terminal and life-limiting illness and their loved ones. This is achieved through the kindness and generosity of people in communities across Nottinghamshire who recognise the difference their work makes.
Please help us support people in our community this year by booking on to our Open Water Swimming Morning in support of Nottinghamshire Hospice.
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events.
- Location: Holme Pierrepont, Holme Ln, Nottingham, NG12 2LD
- Start times: From 09:00am till 12:00pm
- Distances: Various swim loops available
- Minimum Age: No minimum age.
Open to: Solo participants
- Wetsuits: The choice of wearing skins or wetsuits is up to the competitors, subject to compliance with SH2OUT guidance as below.
Entry Fee: £20 per person – includes charity donation to the Hospice
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a refund of your entry fee (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
It is important that you are fit to swim and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Swim caps (or tow floats) must be worn.
Parking is available at Holme Pierrepont Water Sports Centre
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to swim.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings.
There will be toilets available.
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee (less the booking fee).
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I understand Parental Consent is required for all Big Swim entrants under 16yrs
2) I declare that I am medically fit to take part & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I take part at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.