HSV Sprint Triathlon
This event is organised by Tri-Force Triathlon Club in the Memory of Trace Allen.
PLEASE JOIN US FOR THE HATFIELD SPORTS VILLAGE TRIATHLON ON SUNDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER 2021.
The race starts and finishes at the Hertfordshire Sports Village in Hatfield. The course is fast, flat and has great PB potential.
The event incorporates the Hertfordshire Championships and Club Championships for the sprint distance. To be eligible for the Championships you must have been either born in Hertfordshire or lived in the county for the previous 9 months. You will be given the opportunity to select one of these options during registration.
The race is comprised of a 400m pool swim in the 8 lane, 25m pool, followed by a 1 lap 20km bike on a pretty flat course, finishing with a 5km flat run. Swimmers are set off singly or in pairs at 30 or 15 second intervals. (Format confirmation closer to the race date), with the fastest swimmers off first to minimise the need to overtake in the pool.
This is a great race for all standards, from the absolute beginner right through to the seasoned triathlete.
This is a non-draft legal race.
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events.
- Location: Hatfield Sports Village, De Havilland Campus, Hatfield Business Park, Mosquito Way, Hatfield AL10 9EU
- Start times: 6:30am
Distances: Sprint = 400m indoor swim, 20k bike ride, 5k run | Sprint Aquabike = 400m swim, 20k bike ride
- Minimum Age: Sprint Duathlon: 15yrs (on 16/05/2021)
Activity: Swimming, Cycling & Running
Open to: Solo participants and relay teams
Entry Fee: 3 options from just £35 per person (Details below)
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Tri Force
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website: hsvtriathlon.co.uk
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are currently not allowed. If this situation should change we will update this page.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
First 3 overall males and females. 10 year age category winners.
10 year age category winners
Herts Club Championships
Trophy for first placed club
There will be no prizegiving on the day but you will be able to collect your medals. Other awards will be posted.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Need help with your running? Whether this is your first triathlon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised run training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your numbers pinned back and front or wear a race belt for the bike and run.
Parking is available at the Herts Sports Village. The nearest station is Hatfield Station.
There are lockers (£1) and changing rooms for bags and belongings but be aware that Tri-Force will not be held responsible for any missing belongings, so we advise you keep valuables at home or with somebody you trust to look after them at the race.
Toilets & Changing Facilities
Toilets are provided, inside the Herts Sports Village building.
There will be no water stations on the route (you will need to carry any liquids you need). There will be water available, self-service style, at the finish.
Dogs & Buggies
No dogs and buggies allowed.
There is a 3 hour time limit for this event.
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am 15 or over as at 16/05/2021. (parental consent is required)
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, I accept BTF rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- The BTF Day License for the event is included in the price of a Non BTF Entry.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.