Kimbolton Castle Half Marathon
JOIN US FOR THE KIMBOLTON HALF MARATHON ON SUNDAY 15th AUGUST 2021.
Join us in the majestic surroundings of Kimbolton Castle for a half marathon. Entries are strictly limited to 800.
Kimbolton Castle, a country house in Cambridgeshire, was the final home of King Henry VIII’s first wife, Catherine of Aragon. Originally a medieval castle, it was converted into a stately palace in 1690, which now houses Kimbolton School.
The race starts in the grounds of the castle and heads through Kimbolton High Street and the villages of Tillbrook, Lower Dean, Upper Dean and Swineshead, before returning to Kimbolton Castle and an iconic finish in front of the stately palace.
Kimbolton High Street will be opening up their amazing stores on the race day, and we’d love it if spectators cheer on the runners and support this beautiful village high street.
No matter if you are preparing for an Autumn Marathon or simply looking for a beautiful, scenic run, this traffic-free half-marathon is perfect for you.
If you entered this event via NiceTri Events in August 2020 and did not receive a refund following the cancellation, please contact us to discuss your options.
As Active Training World continue to organise events during this difficult time, we undertand that many people are nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video “Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events”
- Location: Kimbolton Castle, Kimbolton, Huntingdon, PE28 0EA
- Start times: From 9:00am (to be confirmed)
- Distances: 13.1 miles/21K
- Minimum Age: 17yrs – (age as 15/8/21)
- Activity: Running
- Open to: Solo participants.
- Entry Fee:2 options from just £33 per person (Details below)
- UKA License No: Applied for
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website: TBA
CHARITY PLACES ARE AVAILABLE FROM OUR 2021 CHARITY PARTNER CENTREPOINT– See below for further information
The Official Kimbolton Half Finisher T Shirt can be added to your order.
Why not have something to remember the day? Purchase one of these unique T Shirts and collect when you register on the day. JUST £10 per shirt.
White raglan short sleeve t-shirt in both women’s and men’s sizes. Breathable technical control dry fabric with UV protection.
Select your size during the registration process and pay at checkout.
Available to purchase until midnight 29th July.
We’re delighted to partner with Centrepoint as our official Charity Partner. Centrepoint is the UK’s leading charity for homeless young people. In the wake of the pandemic, youth homelessness is on the rise in the UK – 121,000 young people asked for help with homelessness last year.
We have joined forces with them to help and you can play a role by fundraising!
Sign up for a FREE charity place and pledge to help with their incredible work. You’ll receive a fundraising pack, dedicated support from the team and your very own Centrepoint t-shirt to wear with pride during your event. Join us in the race to end youth homelessness today.
Traffic-free country lanes, passing through sleepy villages in the Cambridgeshire countryside
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Due to current restrictions all event staff and volunteers will need to confirm that they have not been unwell in the 14 days leading up to the event. This also applies to competitors and spectators. For this reason we are discouraging spectators to attend the event. If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Medals will be available for collection at the end of the race.
Trophies will be awarded to the top 3 male and female finishers, and the first male and female in the following categories (over45, over55 and over 65)
There will be no prizegiving ceremony, unless COVID restrictions allow.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Whether this is your first half marathon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of improving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised Half Marathon training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
There will be a strict 3 hour cut off time in operation, due to the closed-road nature of the event. Anyone running outside of this schedule at the drinks stations at 5, 10 and 15k will be withdrawn from the race by the organisers.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be a baggage area
Toilets will be provided for the event.
Water will be provided on a Covid-safe way on the run route and at the finish. Full info will be provided in the final details.
Yes – the event will be run on closed roads
ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- Please supply your estimated run time in minutes/seconds (e.g. 50.34)
- CENTREPOINT CHARITY PLACE Please note there is a minimum fundraising pledge and your place will be cancelled if you do not meet the target;
Half Marathon £200
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.