Kimbolton Castle Half Marathon
JOIN US FOR THE KIMBOLTON HALF MARATHON ON SUNDAY 28TH AUGUST 2022.
Join us in the majestic surroundings of Kimbolton Castle for a half marathon.
Kimbolton Castle, a country house in Cambridgeshire, was the final home of King Henry VIII’s first wife, Catherine of Aragon. Originally a medieval castle, it was converted into a stately palace in 1690, which now houses Kimbolton School.
The race starts in the grounds of the castle and heads through Kimbolton High Street and the villages of Tillbrook, Lower Dean, Upper Dean and Swineshead, before returning to Kimbolton Castle and an iconic finish in front of the stately palace.
Kimbolton High Street will be opening up their amazing stores on the race day, and we’d love it if spectators cheer on the runners and support this beautiful village high street.
No matter if you are preparing for an Autumn Marathon or simply looking for a beautiful, scenic run, this half-marathon is perfect for you.
- Location: Kimbolton Castle, Kimbolton, Huntingdon, PE28 0EA
- Start times: From 9:00am (to be confirmed)
- Distances: 13.1 miles/21K
- Minimum Age: 17yrs – (age as 28/8/22)
- Activity: Running
- Open to: Solo participants.
- Entry Fee: From £29 (Ticket details below)
- UKA License No: Applied for
- Refunds Active Training World does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: TBA
Country lanes, passing through sleepy villages in the Cambridgeshire countryside
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top male and female finisher in each race on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Whether this is your first event and want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of improving your goals. We’ve teamed up with Final Surge to offer plans that sync with your device and calendar PLUS you get daily e-mail contact from a qualified coach!
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
There will be a strict 3 hour cut off time in operation, due to the closed-road nature of the event. Anyone running outside of this schedule at the drinks stations at 5, 10 and 15k will be withdrawn from the race by the organisers.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Yes – Pay £5 per vehicle on exit
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be a baggage area
Toilets will be provided for the event.
Water will be provided on a Covid-safe way on the run route and at the finish. Full info will be provided in the final details.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.