JOIN US FOR THE MALDON TRIATHLON ON SUNDAY 10TH JULY 2022.
This event will feature sprint and standard individual triathlons, both with relay and aquabike options. The Maldon Triathlon is based around the beautiful Promenade Park and Hythe Quay over the Sprint and Standard distances. The event consists of a 750m / 1.5km river swim along the Promenade, 25km / 40km cycle on the quiet and scenic roads of the Dengie peninsula and finishes with a 5km / 10km run entirely based around Promenade Park.
There are plenty of facilities for the whole family, activities throughout the day and countless cafes lining the route of the event.
The triathlon will begin at 09:00am.
- Location: Promenade Park, Park Drive, Maldon, Essex, CM9 5JQ
- Start times: From 09:00am (this may vary with changes in tide times)
- Distances: Standard Triathlon = 1500m swim, 40k bike ride, 10k run| Sprint Triathlon = 750m swim, 25k bike ride, 5k run | Standard Aquabike = 1500m swim, 40k bike ride | Sprint Aquabike = 750m swim, 25k bike ride
- Minimum Age: Standard Triathlon/Aquabike: 17yrs (on 31/12/2022) Sprint Triathlon/Aquabike: 15yrs (on 10/07/2022) Parental Consent required
Activity: Swimming, Cycling & Running
Open to: Solo participants and relay teams
Entry Fee: 6 options from just £42 per person (Details below)
- SPECIAL LAUNCH PRICE FOR 1 WEEK ONLY. £10 DISCOUNT ON REGULAR PRICES.
- Refunds Active Training World does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: None
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are currently not allowed. If this situation should change we will update this page.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL
INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top 3 male and female finishers in each race on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front and back of your vest or alternatively, using a race belt, rotate the race number to the back for the bike leg and the front for the run leg.
Parking at Promenade Park is charged per hour or £7 for the day and is pay and display. A dedicated car parking area is located on the triathlon event field. You will need to use the pay and display facilities. Athletes staying near Maldon town centre are advised to walk the short distance to the start. Promenade Park is well signed and there will be Triathlon Car Parking signs at the park. Follow the road to the end to park on the triathlon event field. Marshals will be in place to guide you. Car Parking opens at 07:00am and no sooner.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be toilets available.
There will be a water station on the run route and there will be water available at the finish.
Dogs & Buggies
No dogs or buggies allowed.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 17yrs (Standard Triathlon/Aquabike) as at 31/12/2022 or 15yrs (Sprint Triathlon/Aquabike) as at 10/07/2022 – Parental Consent also required.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of British Triathlon rules.
6) By entering this event, the athlete understands their relevant information will be shared with the medical provider, governing sports body and any other 3rd party deemed necessary by ATW for the safe running of the event.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- BTF Insurance
The day licence for Non-BTF members is included in the entry price. If you are a BTF Member, please ensure that you complete your licence number accurately during the registration process. All licence numbers will be validated by BTF before the event and any entrants with an invalid BTF licence number will be asked to show an online copy at registration or, if this is not possible, invoiced £6 for a day license after the event.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.