JOIN US FOR THE MALDON TRIATHLON ON SUNDAY 1ST AUGUST 2021.
This event will feature sprint and standard individual triathlons, both with relay and aquabike options. The Maldon Triathlon is based around the beautiful Promenade Park and Hythe Quay over the Sprint and Olympic distances. The event consists of a 750m / 1.5km river swim along the Promenade, 28km / 45km cycle on the quiet and scenic roads of the Dengie peninsula and finishes with a 5km / 10km run entirely based around Promenade Park.
There are plenty of facilities for the whole family, activities throughout the day and countless cafes lining the route of the event.
The triathlon will begin at 06:35am. All events will take the style of a time trial with athletes starting at short intervals with the fastest athletes starting the swim first. This is based on the estimated finish time given at the checkout when entering. This format may change depending on the Covid restrictions in place at the time.
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events.
- Location: Promenade Park, Park Drive, Maldon, Essex, CM9 5JQ
- Start times:From 06:35am
- Distances: Standard Triathlon = 1500m swim, 45k bike ride, 10k run| Sprint Triathlon = 750m swim, 28k bike ride, 5k run | Standard Aquabike = 1500m swim, 38k bike ride | Sprint Aquabike = 750m swim, 20k bike ride
- Minimum Age: Standard Triathlon/Aquabike: 17yrs (on 31/12/2021) Sprint Triathlon/Aquabike: 15yrs (on 1/08/2021) Parental Consent required
Activity: Swimming, Cycling & Running
Open to: Solo participants and relay teams
Entry Fee: 6 options from just £50 per person (Details below)
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: None
CHARITY PLACES ARE AVAILABLE FROM OUR 2021 CHARITY PARTNER CENTREPOINT– See below for further information
We’re delighted to partner with Centrepoint as our official Charity Partner. Centrepoint is the UK’s leading charity for homeless young people. In the wake of the pandemic, youth homelessness is on the rise in the UK – 121,000 young people asked for help with homelessness last year.
We have joined forces with them to help and you can play a role by fundraising!
Sign up for a FREE charity place and pledge to help with their incredible work. You’ll receive a fundraising pack, dedicated support from the team and your very own Centrepoint t-shirt to wear with pride during your event. Join us in the race to end youth homelessness today.
Event Briefing Video
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are currently not allowed. If this situation should change we will update this page.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Prizes for Top 3 Men & Top 3 Women overall
Plus prizes for Top 3 Men & Top 3 Women in age 40+ category
There will be no prizegiving on the day but you will be able to collect your medals.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Need help with your running? Whether this is your first triathlon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised run training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front and back of your vest or alternatively, using a race belt, rotate the race number to the back for the bike leg and the front for the run leg.
Parking at Promenade Park is charged per hour or £7 for the day and is pay and display. A dedicated car parking area is located on the triathlon event field. You will need to use the pay and display facilities. Athletes staying near Maldon town centre are advised to walk the short distance to the start. Promenade Park is well signed and there will be Triathlon Car Parking signs at the park. Follow the road to the end to park on the triathlon event field. Marshals will be in place to guide you. Car Parking opens at 05:00am and no sooner.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be toilets available.
There will be no water stations on the route (you will need to carry any liquids you need). There will be water available, self-service style, at the finish.
Dogs & Buggies
No dogs or buggies allowed.
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee (less the booking fee).
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 17 (Standard Triathlon/Aquabike) /15 (Sprint Triathlon/Aquabike) as at 1/08/2021 – Parental Consent also required.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, I accept BTF rule.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- BTF Insurance
The day licence for Non-BTF members is included in the entry price. If you are a BTF Member, please ensure that you complete your licence number accurately during the registration process. All licence numbers will be validated by BTF before the event and any entrants with an invalid BTF licence number will be asked to show an online copy at registration or, if this is not possible, invoiced £6 for a day license after the event.
- CENTREPOINT CHARITY PLACE Please note there is a minimum fundraising pledge and your place will be cancelled if you do not meet the target;
Half Marathon £200
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.