JOIN US FOR THE MIDDLESEX TRIATHLON ON SUNDAY 24th JULY 2022.
Active Training World is excited to announce the inaugural Middlesex Triathlon at Merchant Taylors School.
Merchant Taylors School is a stunning venue sitting on the Hertfordshire and Middlesex border and is surrounded by magnificent, picturesque grounds including manicured sports grounds, lakes, wildlife and greenery.
Swim in the most popular open-water venue inside the M25, and cycle a surprisingly rural route before enjoying a run around the picturesque grounds of this stunning school.
This is a mass-start non-draft legal event with starts from 7:15am.
This event is for athletes of all abilities and ages.
- Location: Merchant Taylors’ School, Sandy Lodge, Rickmansworth HA6 2HT
- Start times: From 07.15am
Triathlon Standard: 1500m Swim, 42K Bike, 10K Run
Aquabike Standard: 1500m Swim, 42K Bike
Triathlon Sprint: 750m Swim, 25K Bike, 5K Run
Aquabike Sprint: 750m Swim, 25K Bike
Triathlon Super Sprint: 400m Swim, 12K Bike, 2.5K Run
Minimum Age: Standard Triathlon & Aquabike: 17yrs (on 31/12/2022) ; Sprint & Super Sprint Triathlon & Aquabike: 15yrs (on race day 24/07/2022) Parental Consent required
Activity: Swimming, Cycling & Running
Open to: Solo participants and relay teams
Entry Fee: From just £47 per person (Details below – early discounts may apply)
- Refunds: Active Training World does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation: If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: N/A
Swim: Open-water Lake
Bike course: Undulating and surprisingly rural considering it is held entirely inside the M25
Run course: Flat 2.5km lap around the picturesque grounds and lake
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are currently not allowed. If this situation should change we will update this page.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top male and female finishers in each race on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Whether this is your first event and want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of improving your goals. We’ve teamed up with Final Surge to offer plans that sync with your device and calendar PLUS you get daily e-mail contact from a qualified coach!
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front and back of your top or alternatively, using a race belt, rotate the race number to the back for the bike leg and the front for the run leg.
Yes – a fee may be chargeable on arrival
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be toilets available.
Water will be provided on the run course and at the end of the race
Dogs & Buggies
No dogs and buggies allowed.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I am over the age of 17 (Standard Triathlon/Aquabike) as at 31/12/2022 or 15 (Sprint Triathlon/Aquabike) as at 24/07/2022 – Parental Consent also required.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of Brit Tri rules.
6) By entering this event, the athlete understands their relevant information will be shared with the medical provider, governing sports body and any other 3rd party deemed necessary by ATW for the safe running of the event.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- The BTF Day License for the event is included in the price of a Non BTF Entry.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.