MTS #RunEqual Christmas Cross Country
JOIN US THIS CHRISTMAS FOR A FESTIVE CROSS COUNTRY EVENT ON SATURDAY 18th DECEMBER 2021.
This year we are holding a festive event on the amazing cross country course that was designed and built specifically for our races last season.
It is an opportunity to tackle an amazing cross country course set in the private grounds of the beautiful Merchant Taylors School, near Watford. The venue boasts stunning views, challenging hills and a mixture of fast running and muddy tough going. All courses are run over two laps, except the U11’s, giving a superb opportunity for spectators and supporters to cheer on the athletes.
Following the positive response that we received last year, each age group will be run as one race with male and female runners running together, tackling the same course #RUNEQUAL
The race will be a chip-timed format, and it is planned to have a mass start for each race.
Wear your club colours with pride! We look forward to seeing clubs taking part and you are welcome to bring your club tents and supporters on the day.
Final details, confirmation of start times, and course maps will be circulated in the week prior to the event.
- Location: Merchant Taylors’ School, Sandy Lodge, Northwood, HA6 2HT
- Start times:
2K Under 11 start – 10:00 am
3K Under 13 start – 10:45 am
4K Under 15 start – 11:30 am
5K Under 17 start – 12:30 pm
10K Senior/U20 start – 1:30 pm
Distances: 10K, 5K, 4K, 3K & 2K
- Minimum Age: 10K Senior: over 20yrs | 10K U20: 17, 18 & 19yrs | 5K U17: 15 & 16yrs | 4K U15: 13 & 14yrs | 3K U14: 11 & 12yrs | 2K U11: 10yrs and under. (All Ages as at 31/08/2021)
Open to: Solo participants
- EA Licence number: CC2021/0107
Entry Fee: £15 Under11,13,15,17,20/£18 Adults (ECCA surcharge applied to non-members)
- Refunds: ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation: If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
We’re delighted to partner with Centrepoint as our official Charity Partner. Centrepoint is the UK’s leading charity for homeless young people. In the wake of the pandemic, youth homelessness is on the rise in the UK – 121,000 young people asked for help with homelessness last year.
We have joined forces with them to help and you can play a role by fundraising!
Sign up for a FREE charity place and pledge to help with their incredible work. You’ll receive a fundraising pack, dedicated support from the team and your very own Centrepoint t-shirt to wear with pride during your event. Join us in the race to end youth homelessness today.
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are now allowed and indeed encouraged to attend our events.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Individual prizes for the first three male and female in U11, U13, U15, U17, U20 and Seniors.
All finishers to receive a momento of the day and a mince pie at the finish line
Prizegivings will take place soon after each race.
There will be full results on the event chip timing website both overall and by category.
Need help with your running? Whether this is your first cross country season and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals (aimed at over 18s).
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised run training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Parking is available at Merchant Taylors’ School. There will be marshals and signage to guide you to the correct place.
Changing & Baggage Facilities
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. Baggage can be left in the pre-start area, but no responsibility is held for personal belongings. There will not be any cover, so please ensure your bags are waterproof. Please do not leave valuables.
Toilets will be provided for the event.
Wheelchairs & Prams & Dogs
The course is unsuitable for wheelchairs and prams. Dogs are not allowed on the site.
Refunds Active Training World do not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
Please note that this event is being held on private land. It is important that you do not try to access the course outside of this event, as it will put future events in jeopardy.
We now welcome, and encourage spectators at our events.
Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be passed onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am the required age for my chosen distance as at 31/08/2021.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of ECCA rules.
6) By entering this event, the athlete understands their relevant information will be shared with the medical provider, governing sports body and any other 3rd party deemed necessary by ATW for the safe running of the event.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- Ages are as at 31/08/2021
- Your wave will be determined by entering your predicted time over 5K or 1.5K. You will be asked for this during the registration process.
- CENTREPOINT CHARITY PLACE Please note there is a minimum fundraising pledge and your place will be cancelled if you do not meet the target;
Half Marathon £200
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.