ATW Remembrance Runs Essex
JOIN US FOR THE REMEMBRANCE RUNS ESSEX ON SATURDAY 12TH NOVEMBER 2022.
Join us at The Carver Barracks, (Formerly Debden Airfield) for our annual Remembrance Runs. The Carver Barracks is a British Army base that supports the Felix Fund, the Bomb Disposal Charity. Help us to honour our fallen heroes and raise money for this fantastic military charity by running in the Essex Remembrance Runs!
Remembrance Day (informally known as Poppy Day owes to the tradition of wearing the remembrance poppy), has been observed in Commonwealth member states since the end of the First World War to remember the members of their armed forces who have died in the line of duty.
The day will consist of a marathon, half marathon, 10km, 5km and a 1 mile race. All races are traffic free and use the flat and fast concrete grounds of the disused former World War II airfield.
This is the weekend of Remembrance Day, which is commemorated every year on 11 November to mark the armistice signed between the Allies of World War 1 and Germany at Compiègne, France, marking the end of the First World War, which took effect at eleven o’clock in the morning — “The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month” of 1918.
- Location: Debden Airfield, Carver Barracks, Water Ln, Wimbish, Saffron Walden CB10 2YA
- Start times: 1 mile 8:30am, all other distances 9am
- Distances: Marathon 26.2miles | Half Marathon 13.1 miles | 10K | 5K | 1 Mile
- Minimum Age: 18yrs – Marathon | 17yrs – Half Marathon | 15years – 10K | 11yrs – 5K | 1Mile – no minimum
- Time Limit: There will be a maximum time cut-off of 6 hrs for all the races.
- Activity: Running
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: From £10 per person (Details below)
- Refunds ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
All finishers will receive a custom designed medal at the finish line.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Personalised medal inserts with your name and finish time are available to purchase for £8. These stick to the back of your medal and will be sent out approx. 2 weeks after the event.
Themed event t-shirts are available to add to your order for just £10 as a memento of the day. These are to be collected on race day morning from the registration desk.
There will be a podium presentation for the top-3 male and females in each race.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Ample parking is available at venue. There will be a charge of £3 for parking collected on the morning.
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be a baggage area.
Toilets will be provided for the event.
Water will be provided on a Covid-safe way on the run route and at the finish. Full info will be provided in the final details.
Mile markers for the Marathon and Half-marathon.
Kilometre markers for the 5 and 10k
Maximum Time Limit
There is a time cut-off of 6hrs on all the races.
ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth, gender and email details will be onto Event Chip Timing.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.