JOIN US FOR A BEAUTIFUL DUATHLON IN THE SCENIC SALCEY FOREST ON SUNDAY 6th NOVEMBER 2022
The majestic Salcey Forest is a former medieval hunting forest nestled in the Northamptonshire countryside. This magnificent woodland has many miles of ancient wood banks, building remains and ancient trees. The ‘druids’, or veteran oaks, are rare and amazing wildlife habitats, and some of the old oaks are over 600 years old. What better place to start a great run-bike-run!
The first run completes laps of a 5km loop on prepared trails that wind gently through the woods. The Sprint will complete this lap once, while the Standard and Middle distance will both complete it twice.
Check out the 5km run course
The 16km bike lap heads out of Salcey Forest, turning left on to local country roads. Cutting through the southern end of the Forest, you’ll take a left past the solar farm and continue dropping down towards Horton and Hackleton. A second left will see you rising back up towards Quinton before taking a third left turn to complete the lap back to Salcey Forest. The Sprint will complete this lap once, while the Standard will complete it twice, and the Middle distance will complete it four times.
Check out the 16km bike route
The second run sees you heading back on to the flat trails in the woods for the 5km lap, the Sprint and Standard will both complete this lap once, while the Middle distance will complete it twice, finishing under our amazing finish arch where you will collect your well-earned medal.
This event will be hosted by Salcey Forest, a Forestry England venue. Forestry England manage landscapes for wildlife to thrive, people to enjoy and as a source of sustainable wood. 20% of your ticket fee will go towards maintaining Forestry England visitor facilities including visitor centres, play areas, bike trails and other facilities. By joining this event, you’ll help support our forests and maintain the facilities for you and your family to enjoy.
- Location: Salcey Forest, Hartwell Rd, Northampton, NN7 2HX
- Start time: 8:30am
Distances: Sprint Duathlon, Standard Duathlon, Middle Distance Duathlon
- Minimum Age:
Middle Distance min age 17 on 31/12/2022
Standard Distance min age 17 on 31/12/2022
Sprint Distance min age 15 on 6/11/2022
- Cut-off times:
5hrs30 max time for the complete event
Activity: Multisport – Running & Cycling
Open to: Solo participants and Relays (Standard only)
Entry Fee: £45 Sprint, £55 Standard, £65 Middle Distance (+ £6 BTF day licence for non-members)
- British Triathlon Licence Yes
- Refunds: Active Training World does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation: If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
Well marked runs on firm, trails through beautiful, flat, mature woodland.
A simple triangular bike lap with only 3 turns per 16km lap makes this an ideal event for both those taking their first steps in to multisport, and those looking to post a fast time.
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are now allowed at events and we hope you will bring your supporters along to cheer you on.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top male and female finisher in each race on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front and back of your vest or alternatively, using a race belt, rotate the race number to the back for the bike leg and the front for the run leg.
Parking available – tickets must be purchased at venue machines
Run – Yes / Bike – No
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
No – Duathlon entrants can leave a bag in transition area
There will be toilets available.
There will be a water station on the run route and there will be water available, self-service style, at the finish. All litter must be carried or deposited in the bins at the water station.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth, gender and email details will be passed onto Event Chip Timing.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 17 (Standard Duathlon) as at 31/12/2022 or 15 (Sprint Duathlon) as at 6/11/2022.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of British Triathlon rules.
6) By entering this event, the athlete understands their relevant information will be shared with the medical provider, governing sports body and any other 3rd party deemed necessary by ATW for the safe running of the event.
Whether this is your first event and want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of improving your goals. We’ve teamed up with Chili Tri to offer plans that sync with your device and calendar PLUS you get daily e-mail contact from a qualified coach!
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Please be sure to select your estimated run time for both distances as close as you can to the given options in hours and minutes (e.g. 26.30 – 26.45)
- BTF Insurance
The day licence for Non-BTF members is included in the entry price. If you are a BTF Member, please ensure that you complete your licence number accurately during the registration process. All licence numbers will be validated by BTF before the event and any entrants with an invalid BTF licence number will be asked to show an online copy at registration or, if this is not possible, invoiced £6 for a day license after the event.