ATW Salcey Wet and Wild Run
JOIN US FOR A ‘WET AND WILD’ RUN ROUND THE SCENIC SALCEY FOREST ON SUNDAY 15TH JANUARY 2023
The majestic Salcey Forest is a former medieval hunting forest nestled in the Northamptonshire countryside. This magnificent woodland has many miles of ancient wood banks, building remains and ancient trees. The ‘druids’, or veteran oaks, are rare and amazing wildlife habitats, and some of the old oaks are over 600 years old. What better place to hunt down a wild run!
The run takes place on a 7.5km loop of trails that wind gently through the woods. It may be flat, but don’t be fooled….there are two ditches to run through each lap, and a guarantee of some mud to challenge you.
You have a choice of the 1-lap, 7.5km or the 2-lap, 14km distance to tackle.
This event is taking place alongside the Salcey Wet and Wild Canicross event, so if you know of anyone who likes to run with four-legged furry friends, let them know.
This event will be hosted by Salcey Forest, a Forestry England venue. Forestry England manage landscapes for wildlife to thrive, people to enjoy and as a source of sustainable wood. 20% of your ticket fee will go towards maintaining Forestry England visitor facilities including visitor centres, play areas, bike trails and other facilities. By joining this event, you’ll help support our forests and maintain the facilities for you and your family to enjoy.
- Location: Salcey Forest, Hartwell Rd, Northampton, NN7 2HX
- Start time: 8:30am
Distances: 7.5km and 14km Trail Run
- Minimum Age: Trail Run – min age 15 on 15/01/2023
Activity: Off-road Running
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: From £20
- Refunds: Active Training World does not offer refunds, transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement or jury service, you will only be eligible for a transfer or credit note on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note or equivalent.
- Event Cancellation: If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example – but not limited to – adverse weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a credit note for the value of their entry fee (minus the booking fee) to be used on any ATW event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Well marked run on muddy trails through a beautiful medieval hunting woodland. Trail shoes recommended.
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are now allowed at events and we hope you will bring your supporters along to cheer you on.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
Add a medal insert to commemorate your time; whether it’s your first race or a new PB! Available to purchase for an additional £8.
Simply add MEDAL INSERT on your registration form and you’ll be sent the insert in the mail shortly after race day, for you to apply to your medal and display proudly!
There will be a prizegiving to the top male and female finishers in each race on the day
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your top.
Parking available – parking fee must be purchased on the day at venue machines
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
No – the car park is close to the start/finish line
There will be toilets available.
There will be a water and station on the run route at the end of the first lap. This will be aimed at those doing the two-lap 14km event. There will also be water available at the finish, along with finish-line snacks. All litter must be carried or deposited in the bins at the water station.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth, gender and email details will be passed onto Event Chip Timing.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 15 as at 15/01/2023.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, the athlete understands their relevant information will be shared with the medical provider, governing sports body and any other 3rd party deemed necessary by ATW for the safe running of the event.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.