The 40th St Albans Half Marathon & 5K
JOIN US FOR THE 40TH ST ALBANS HALF MARATHON & 5k ON SUNDAY 12TH JUNE 2022.
A community focused event, St Albans Half Marathon aims to raise money for local charities and organisations as well as put on a great day out for all the family.
Those looking for a challenge can take on the scenic Half Marathon or Walking Half, which takes you on a challenging but rewarding route through the country lanes of St Albans.
Our 5K is open to everyone over 11 and takes you on a route around Verulamium Park. You’ll still experience the great atmosphere we are famous for, and help to support local charities and organisations!
The 1.5Km Family Fun Run details will be announced later this year.
With events around the country being cancelled we are pleased to be able to give you the opportunity to complete this event in a socially distanced environment on a practically traffic free course. The race will be held under a full UK Athletics race license.
As Active Training World continue to organise events during this difficult time, we understand that many people are nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events
- Location: Verulamium Park, St Michael’s Street, St Albans AL1 3JE
- Start times: Walking Half Marathon: 08:30 | 5K: 08:50 | Wheelchair Half Marathon: 09:50 | Running Half Marathon: 10:00
- Distances: Half Marathon 13.1 miles/21K (1 lap) | 5K
- Minimum Age:Half Marathon – 17yrs | 5K – 11yrs – ages as at 12/06/2022
- Activity: Running
- Open to: Solo participants
- Entry Fee: 4 options from just £15 per person (Details below)
- UKA License No: Applied for
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee (Booking fees are non-refundable).
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: COMING SOON
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Due to current restrictions all event staff and volunteers will need to confirm that they have not been unwell in the 14 days leading up to the event. This also applies to competitors and spectators. For this reason we are discouraging spectators to attend the event. If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers! In an effort to make the event more sustainable we will not be offering t shirts this year, instead we will be paying to plant one tree for every £100 we take in entry fees.
Prizes awarded for the primary school challenge and corporate challenge.
Prize money for numerous categories.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Whether this is your first 5K or half marathon and want to know how to prepare, or are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of improving your goals.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Available in St Albans City Centre.
Changing and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be a baggage area at this event.
Toilets will be provided for the event.
Water will be provided on both half marathon routes and the 5k, however in an effort to make the event more sustainable we would love it if you could bring your own reusable bottle (subject to change in-line with COVID guidance).
ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable). As this is a charity event, you will also have the option to donate your entry fee to the charity.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.
Book your place here and don’t forget to include your charity donation to support the St Albans Charity.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- Please supply your estimated run time in minutes/seconds (e.g. 50.34)
- The entry price includes £1 for postage costs.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.