St Neots’ Triathlon Series
JOIN US FOR THE FIRST OF THE TWO-RACE ST NEOTS’ TRIATHLON SERIES ON SUNDAY 8TH AUGUST 2021.
Whether you are an experienced athlete looking for a very fast time, or you are a novice competitor looking for a safe and friendly venue for your first open water triathlon, then the St Neots’ triathlons are ideal.
The swim takes place in the beautiful River Ouse, followed by a bike course that takes you through some of the most scenic villages in the area finishing with a run around the Riverside Park. The venue has very easy access to the local town that is a two minute walk away.
This is a non-draft legal race with an option of a Super Sprint (400m swim, 8km bike, 2.5km run), Sprint (750m swim, 24km bike, 5km run) Standard distance (1500m swim, 45km bike, 10km run) and Standard distance Aquabike. There is also the chance to team up with friends for a standard distance relay, with one person completing each discipline.
The triathlon will begin at 07:50am. This will be a time trial format start, depending on covid restrictions. Swimmers will start one at a time, in a rolling start format, with the fastest predicted swim times being set off first. The results will be based entirely on chip-timing, not gun time.
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events.
- Location: Riverside Park, Regatta Meadow, St.Neots , Cambridgeshire, PE19 7LH
- Start times: Start Times will be advised in the final details with the first race starting at 7:50am
Distances: Super Sprint Distance = 400m Swim, 8Km Bike, 2.5Km Run | Sprint Distance = 750m Swim, 24Km Bike, 5Km Run | Standard Distance = 1500m Swim, 45Km Bike, 10Km Run | Standard Aquabike = 1500m swim, 45Km Bike
- Minimum Age: Super Sprint & Sprint Distance – 15yrs (on 8/08/21) Parental consent required | Standard Distance – 17yrs, (On/Before 31 Dec 2021)
Activity: Swimming, Cycling & Running
Open to: Solo participants and relay teams (Standard Distance ONLY)
Entry Fee: 3 options from just £45 per person (Details below)
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: None
CHARITY PLACES ARE AVAILABLE FROM OUR 2021 CHARITY PARTNER CENTREPOINT– See below for further information
We’re delighted to partner with Centrepoint as our official Charity Partner. Centrepoint is the UK’s leading charity for homeless young people. In the wake of the pandemic, youth homelessness is on the rise in the UK – 121,000 young people asked for help with homelessness last year.
We have joined forces with them to help and you can play a role by fundraising!
Sign up for a FREE charity place and pledge to help with their incredible work. You’ll receive a fundraising pack, dedicated support from the team and your very own Centrepoint t-shirt to wear with pride during your event. Join us in the race to end youth homelessness today.
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below
Due to current restrictions all event staff and volunteers will need to complete a BTF Pre-Health Questionnaire. This also applies to Spectators and competitors. For this reason we are discouraging spectators from attending the event. If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Need help with your running? Whether this is your first triathlon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised run training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
You will be provided with two race numbers in your registration pack. Your race number must be clearly visible on your front for the run and on your back for the bike. If you are not using a race belt, please pin one number on your back and one on your front. If you are using a race belt, only one number is required, provided you adjust the position of your race number during each leg of the race.
Parking is available at the venue, PE19 7LH within 50m of transition, and will be open from 6am on race morning.
Changing Facilities and Bag Storage
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race. There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
Toilets will be provided for the event.
There will be no water stations on the route (you will need to carry any liquids you need). There will be water available, self-service style, at the finish.
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of your entry fee (less the booking fee).
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of BTF rules.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- BTF Insurance
The day licence for Non-BTF members is included in the entry price. If you are a BTF Member, please ensure that you complete your licence number accurately during the registration process. All licence numbers will be validated by BTF before the event and any entrants with an invalid BTF licence number will be asked to show an online copy at registration or, if this is not possible, invoiced £6 for a day license after the event.
- CENTREPOINT CHARITY PLACE Please note there is a minimum fundraising pledge and your place will be cancelled if you do not meet the target;
Half Marathon £200
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.