JOIN US FOR THE STEWARTBY TRIATHLON ON SUNDAY 11th JULY 2021.
Located at the Stewartby Sailing Club, in Bedford, this venue is perfect for triathlon. You will be treated to a dip in the beautiful lake waters, followed by a very fast, flat, lapped road bike course (in fact we’d say its the fastest triathlon road bike leg in the country!), finishing with a scenic, traffic-free run on paths alongside the lake into Marston Vale Country Park.
Options available for Standard and Sprint, individual and relay, triathlon and aquabike.
The event will start at 07:00am, with registration open from 06:00am. All events will take the style of a time trial with the fastest athletes starting the swim first, based on the estimated swim time given when entering. This format may change depending on the Covid restrictions in place at the time.
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events.
- Location: Stewartby Lake, Green Ln, Bedford MK43 9LY
- Start times: From 07.00am
- Distances: Standard Triathlon = 1500m swim, 37k bike ride, 10k run| Sprint Triathlon = 750m swim, 20k bike ride, 5k run | Standard Aquabike = 1500m swim, 37k bike ride | Sprint Aquabike = 750m swim, 20k bike ride
- Minimum Age: Standard Triathlon/Aquabike: 17yrs (on 31/12/2021) Sprint Triathlon/Aquabike: 15yrs (on 11/7/2021) Parental Consent required
Activity: Swimming, Cycling & Running
Open to: Solo participants and relay teams
Entry Fee: 4 options from just £50 per person (Details below)
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: Click here to visit
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
Spectators are currently not allowed. If this situation should change we will update this page.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
There will be no prizegiving on the day but your well-earned medals will be issued at the finish.
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Need help with your running? Whether this is your first triathlon and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised run training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front and back of your vest or alternatively, using a race belt, rotate the race number to the back for the bike leg and the front for the run leg.
Parking is available near to the lake with a £2 charge payable at registration.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to race.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings within the transition area.
There will be toilets available.
There will be no water stations on the route (you will need to carry any liquids you need). There will be water available, self-service style, at the finish.
Dogs & Buggies
No dogs and buggies allowed.
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee (less the booking fee).
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over the age of 17 (Standard Triathlon/Aquabike) /15 (Sprint Triathlon/Aquabike) as at 11/07/2021 – Parental Consent also required.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
5) By entering this event, I accept BTF rule.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Relay entries should be completed with lead entrant’s details only. Additional team members’ details will be taken at Registration on the day
- The BTF Day License for the event is included in the price of a Non BTF Entry.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.