The Tour of the Dengie Sportive
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR OF THE DENGIE SPORTIVE ON SUNDAY 23RD MAY 2021.
With the choice of a 48Km Fun Ride or 92Km Sportive, the Tour of the Dengie Sportive provides a professional event experience which includes chip timing, fully sign posted and marshalled course, aid station allowing personal supplies, sag wagon and refreshments on site.
The Tour of the Dengie takes place alongside the Big East Triathlon. After you have finished you can enjoy a drink at the Bradwell Marina Clubhouse and watch the triathletes on the run course!
The event will begin at 9:25am. The start time is subject to minor changes which we will know closer to the event date.
Many people are understandably nervous regarding entering events again and we want to assure you that we take every measure we can to organise a safe, socially distanced event. To see this in action watch our video Covid-19 Safety at ActiveTrainingWorld Running and Triathlon Events.
- Location: Bradwell Marina, Waterside, Bradwell-on-Sea, Essex CM0 7RB
- Start times: From 9:25am (confirmed closer to event date)
Distances: Fun Ride = 48k bike | Sportive = 92k bike
- Minimum Age: 14yrs – all under 16yrs (age on 23/05/2021) must be accompanied by an adult
Open to: Solo participants
Entry Fee: 2 options from just £19 per person (Details below)
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual ride and medal or a refund of your entry fee (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: None
We actively welcome support and involvement from local communities, businesses and individuals. If you would like to find out more about marshalling, sponsorship or group bookings please contact us at the address below.
If you would like more info on this event please use the email address below:
Custom designed medal for all finishers!
There will be full results on the chip timing website both overall and by category.
Need help with your biking? Whether this is your first sportive and you want to know how to prepare, or you are looking to smash your personal best – following a training plan will increase your chances of achieving your goals.
Visit the ATW Shop to submit your requirements for a fully customised run training plan.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please attach the number supplied to your bike.
Parking will be located on site at Bradwell Marina. There is strictly no parking on the road or the marina entrance road. You may be charged £1 to park for the day. Car Parking opens at 08:00AM.
We will not be providing a changing area, therefore please come changed and ready to ride.
There will be an informal baggage drop area for you to leave any belongings. This will be near the triathlon transition area.
There will be toilets available.
Water & Feed Station
Feed station on the course (COVID Guidance allowing).
Dogs & Buggies
No dogs and buggies allowed.
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee (less the booking fee).
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I am over 16 otherwise over 14 and will be riding with a parent or guardian who is also entered into the event.
2) I declare that I am medically fit to ride & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
3) I understand that I enter the ride at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
4) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
- If this is your first registration on our new booking platform but had an ATW account previously, your old ATW log in details are now invalid and a new account will be created for you when you book your first event without logging in.
- If you are booking more than 1 place, please ensure that you complete the individual details for each attendee accurately answering all the questions on their behalf.
- Prices do not include 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.